Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wedding at The Ranch at Laguna Beach, 7/23/16

Hello friends,

We had yet another outdoor, uncovered gig this week. But this time it was at least near the ocean where it was not insanely hot. I actually saw the ocean as I neared the venue.


The Ranch at Laguna Beach is nestled in a canyon right off of the Pacific Coast Highway. It's a pretty cool place for a wedding.


I arrive just before our scheduled call time.


We're furnishing our own sound today. Jack and Skyler have already been hard at work putting together the sound system and DJ accoutrements.


The other guys arrive and the setup dance continues.


The boss lady arrives and is having a lipstick emergency. I think her mom is bringing an extra tube.


I don't think I've ever seen Kelly in a dress before.

This is the view from my mic for sound check. It's a lovely venue.


The stage is all set. We all brought small stuff. Jeff brought no amp at all for his keys and just went direct.


Did you notice Art's amp is covered on three sides with shields?

Overlooking the 18th hole, Jeff takes a break after we sound check.


Mario checks to see where his next gig is going to be. Sometimes this guy works three gigs a day.


Skyler and Jack running sound and DJ today.


The band takes a glam shot in the nice surroundings.


Now we are ready, on stage for our cocktail set. We must be vewy, vewy qwuiet so's the guests can tawk.


Mario is so quiet he can check his cell phone.


The bride and groom arrive! It's almost time to get the party started.


The guests are enjoying their cocktails. We're about to take a break as dinner is about to be served.


The grub was really good today. We had our own buffet.


The chicken was grilled perfectly and the mac-n-cheese was really killer! I'm not usually a mac-n-cheese fan but I had seconds of this stuff. Then I chased it down with a Tower 10.


Yes, I put my mac-n-cheese on a bed of lettuce. It's healthier that way. The potato salad was very tasty too.

And the dessert table was nothing to sneeze at.


And this young man behind the bar kept the Tower 10s coming.


Okie dokie, let's get the party started! Talk about wildlife!


Oh, I guess they were serious. We had several visitors right at sunset.


The golfers left on the course just golfed around the deer. I guess they are regular visitors.

Now that we've had our supper, Art seems in a good mood.


Jeff and I have a few moments to toss the bean bags around. I have to work off that second helping of mac-n-cheese.


Then Kelly gives our guests a dance lesson.


She's giving the bride a little extra attention as they do the 10-step.


I think Daniel is performing his big hit.


The crowd stuck around all night and had a great time.


Here's a few action shots of the band, thanks to Jack.


Hmmm, Kelly looks a little worried. Maybe she thinks I've had too many Tower 10s?


It was a fun crowd.


And here's the back of the band.


I think this is where Kelly belts out "Don't Stop Believing". Either that or "Proud Mary".


I guess Mario is ready for one more.


Jeff is a jolly fellow.


That's my small rig behind him. Jeff didn't even bring an amp to this gig. He just went direct and ran through our monitor.

One more shot of the dancers.


OK, another shot of the dancers, led by the bride, doing a line dance.


Because of the hotel guests, we had to cut it off promptly at 10 o'clock. It was a good night, except for having to load out. That's always kind of inconvenient.


That's my gig and I'm sticking to it. Jeff, Daniel, and I played Knott's Berry Farm the next night. I'll post that one up too.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment