Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hart Park, Orange CA 7/20/16

Hi everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying summer concerts and festivals in your area. July was a busy month for me, so busy that I haven't finished posting all my gigs and we're already into August! Here's my story from a recent Wednesday concert in the park.

We've played this concert series in Orange for a couple of summers now. It's always a joy to navigate the "Orange Crush" at rush hour.


Art arrives just ahead of me at the park entrance. I'm glad they let us drive into the park. Otherwise it would be a very inconvenient load-in.


We even get to park right behind the band shell.


In the above picture, behind me is a dead-end street where you could park and unload down a couple of flights of stairs. But this is much more convenient. There's a ramp up to the stage that saves us a lot of trouble.

It's a nice band shell. I dig the design.


Here's a shot from FOH. Eddie and Robert were our sound and stage crew today.


Here's one side of the mains. The crowd was really spread out today. Hence the extra speakers firing off to the side.


Mario and Daniel get set up. I kind of sneeked up on Mario. Tee hee.


Art and Kelly discuss important pre-gig happenings.


Again with the "Gimme some kick drum" nonsense.


I'm getting really lazy in my old age, bringing only my 210 cab. It's all I need to hear myself on stage, it sounds good, and I just let the sound company do all the heavy lifting.


I'm not sure if Daniel is happy with his sound check.


Here's Daniel, Art, and Kelly getting it dialed in.


I thought I'd run backstage to enjoy some talent juice.


The photographers made us sign a release so they could use our images. I asked and found out that it also releases me from any liability if their camera breaks from taking my picture.


The crowd got a couple of line dance lessons before we started.


This is Ashley, our event coordinator. She took good care of us.


Here's a quick amp-selfie while the mayor makes some announcements. We also got to sing "Happy Birthday" to the mayor as our opening song. He wasn't expecting that.


Jeff gets ready to amaze and dazzle the crowd.


Daniel, Art, and Kelly get ready to do the same.


Oh yeah, there's a drummer too. Peace out, Mario!


It was a pretty good crowd in the park this evening. Looking to my left...


Looking to my right...


Kelly kicks off the show.


And Daniel ends it with a fiery rendition of "Devil Went Down To Georgia".


And then the encore.


Jeff pounds the into to "Don't Stop Believing".


Kelly shreds on the Steve Perry melody.


It was a pretty easy load-out. And I didn't even hit anything while driving out of the park.


We make a quick getaway. Tomorrow I have to work and then play another outdoor concert. The fun never stops! Thanks for looking.


Thank you for your indulgence,


BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment