Wednesday, August 3, 2016

JDC Trio at Knott's Berry Farm 7/24/16

Hi,

Yes, the gigs are fast a furious. Our summer season will be over soon. Then I won't bother you so much.

Kelly and family are on vacation at the moment so I am filling in with the trio at Knott's Berry Farm. Kelly, Daniel, and Jeff are doing a ton of trio dates at the park. I'm playing just a couple this summer. It sounds kind of funny to say that I'm filling in for Kelly.

Since all I had to bring was instruments, I brought the wife-mobile. My van is going into the shop tomorrow. It needs a little TLC. (Note: "Bob van Astro" is just fine now. It was only a burned #2 ignition wire.)


There's a nice, new, big stage where the huge swing ride used to be. This is not the stage we are playing on.


This stage is for the new circus act running this summer. It's quite a spectacle.

This is the stage we are playing on, here in Calico Square. There's a hoedown going on when I arrive.


As I get closer to the stage I notice my old musician buddy, Johnny Blankenship, and none other than Daniel, filling in for Harvey Walker. Harvey's getting pretty old and can't take the heat as well as he used to.


While I'm waiting I have a chat with my favorite saloon girl and let her flirt with me.


Here's the stage all set up for us. It's pretty minimal today. Everyone is going direct, no amps, just monitors.


The monitors are covered with the red muslin so as to hide the electronics and seem more rustic. That's cool.

Here we are about to start our second show. Kenneth, our sound man, took a picture of us.


On a break I took a couple of pictures of the stage area at Calico Square.


It was a pleasant evening.


Right after our second show was the finale of the circus show. You can't really tell from this picture but it draws a big crowd and it's a lot of fun.


Daniel gives us a point and a wink.


Here I am in front of Calico Square just before we start our last show for the evening.


After the fun is over, Kenneth strikes the stage. All I have to do is unplug and walk off. It's a pretty cushy gig, but somebody has to do it.


Hey, thanks for looking. I love working at Knott's. It's always a laid back, fun atmosphere. 

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment