Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Quartet, The Outlets at San Clemente 11/25/16

Hello brothers and sisters,

We played a Black Friday event at the new outlet mall in San Clemente. It was a very pleasant evening and getting there was pretty nice until I got to south Orange County.


We had a 3pm load-in time for a 4:30 downbeat. Once off the freeway it was a short jaunt to the shopping center, across this bridge and around the back. I had allowed extra time for traffic but there was very little so I was quite early.


It was an easy load-in from the curb, a short roll with the gear cart.


I tossed my gear on stage next to the new car on display.


And since I was so early I was invited up to the VIP lounge for some refreshments.


There was a nice selection of beer, wine, cheese, crackers, fruit, desserts, coffee, etc. I guess it pays to be early to the gig.


Next to arrive was Jack. He brought his PA and was running our sound today.


The venue also provided a couple of QSC K10 speakers to supplement the FOH. They made a nice addition. In the loft you also see a couple of reindeer overlooking the festivities.


Since we had time, Kelly and I got our pictures taken with Santa.


Santa didn't want me to sit on his lap so he gave me a fist bump.


We are just about set up and ready to sound check. I see there is already an eager crowd.


Jack is ready at the sound board.


Here's a shot from the stage down the courtyard.


Kelly sings a Christmas song. That's what we're here for.


Daniel sings another Christmas song, "The Devil Went Down From The North Pole...."


I took this just as we finished our first set. It was a pretty good crowd with many more people standing around than there were sitting.


Daniel and Hal talk about tunes on the break.


I wandered back up to the VIP lounge to take a picture of the courtyard. It was a very nice evening. Santa is on one side of the tree, we are on the other.


Here's a cell phone shot of the stage before we start our second set.


And a couple of action shots, ripped from someone's Facebook newsfeed.



Two quick sets and I was home before 9pm, even after helping Jack pack up the PA.

I hope the rest of you have more Christmas gigs than I do. This is my slowest December in many years. I had plenty of time for shopping, but I didn't have any money. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment