Sunday, February 12, 2017

Downtown Disney 12/11/16

Hey Gang!

Season's Greetings! Here's another Sunday evening with the KRB at Downtown Disney on the main stage in front of the ESPN Sports Zone. The traffic wasn't bad until I was almost there. The Mouse is making some changes in security and parking which added to the holiday traffic. At this point I was less than half a mile from the stage but it took 20 minutes to get there.


It's a good think I allowed extra time. I got there a little after 4pm for a 6pm downbeat. Plus, we cant park as close to unload any more so it's about three times as long of a schlep to get there. Grrr. But get there, I did, and tossed my stuff up on stage. The sound guys had been there since about 2:30.


Then I had to make a mad dash to the ESPN Zone to visit the little bass player's room. They've got sports on every screen everywhere, literally everywhere.


Here's our stage with the sound all set up.


Since Jack couldn't run our sound today Kelly hired a sound company who works with a lot of mutual friends. This is Sean Killian, who owns MxxMaster Sound. I've worked with a few of his crews and they all do a great job.


He had all powered QSC gear that did a fine job. He had no trouble dialing us up a good sound in the monitors. I ran my bass direct out the back of my amp and Sean had it thumping out front.


Since we had no keys again, Kelly hired our friend Paul to play some horns. He plays trumpet and a couple of saxophones plus adds a few harmony vocals.


Here's a shot of the downtown area right after our sound check. It was a very pleasant evening.


 Here's another crowd shot once we got going.


I'll have to bring my tripod for my amp-selfie. My amp is not tall enough.


Here's a fuzzy shot of the stage.


And now for some action shots.


Since we have no keys, Daniel likes to plink out some chords on his fiddle when he's not playing second guitar.


Kelly was festive in her red jacket and red boots.




On our last couple of breaks some carolers stopped by to entertain the crowd. They were great! They had one medley that included "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth", "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas", "I'm Gettin' Nothin' For Christmas", and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer", all my favorites.


The band took a picture in front of the big Christmas tree.


Then we were back on stage to finish the night.


I left the sound company to do all the hard work. I had to be at work in the morning.


It looks like Downtown Disney is going to be a monthly gig for us for the next few months. Work is work, I guess. I found a closer place to park and unload so that'll make it a little easier.

Our next gig is New Year's Eve at Cars Land. We've played every NYE since the place opened. I'm hoping it won't be too cold that night. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment