Sunday, February 12, 2017

Downtown Disney 11/13/16

Hello friends and neighbors,

Me and the KRB had a little engagement at Downtown Disney on a Sunday evening. It was a very pleasant, warm November evening.

My day started at 5:30am, rising then to play on the worship team at church. After lunch I loaded my gear and headed for Downtown Disney. There was a bit of construction going on so I had to park a little farther away to unload.


(I apologize for the fuzzy pictures. I'm still working out the bugs with my new camera.) Once unloaded I had to park even farther away. I sure am happy I have a Rock-n-Roller cart. ;)

I rolled past the ESPN zone where they had three different contests on the big screens outside, football, soccer, and basketball. 


Skyler was setting up the PA after I helped him and Jack roll it to the stage. 


We ran everything from the one working circuit behind the stage in the bushes, amps, lights, and everything. It's a wonder we didn't blow a fuse. I'm hoping the Mouse gets some better electricity for this stage some day. 


I think Art enjoys setting up a little too much. 


He used a different rig tonight. This Mesa Boogie cab has a closed back and the Orange has a 7w-14w switch. 


It seems Mario is also happy to be setting up at Downtown Disney. 


I brought my regular rig, Carvin, GK, and Guild for backup. 


Skyler is looking fuzzy as he gets our monitors dialed in. 


Daniel says, "Checking, one, two, three...."


Now that we are sound checked and dressed, Daniel tunes before we get going. 


Jack has oodles of Mackie stuff for his PA. 


The bass player is looking a little fuzzy in his amp-selfie. I have to be careful with this camera to make sure it's focusing on the right thing. 



Here's the crowd under the "super moon". 


Kelly keeps them entertained in her sparkley gold jacket. 


Here she is after our first set. 


I gave Skyler my camera to take some pictures. He also sent me some from his phone. Here we are, live! "Rock me, mama, like a wagon wheel!"


Here I think Daniel is playing one of his fiddle tunes, "Turkey In The Straw" or "Arkansas Traveler", etc.


Kelly belts out "Little Red Wagon". I like Miranda Lambert. But Mario looks a little bored.


A couple of my friends from The Ranch showed up tonight. Meet Sarah.


And this is Amber.


They led some line dances and generally encouraged the crowd to have fun. They are good sports and good fans to have. We hadn't been at The Ranch much lately and they missed us.

Art's girlfriend also came out to see us, or maybe Art


We took a little break for the fireworks display. I was a bit disappointed this evening. The Mouse seems to be cutting back and the show could barely be seen over the Rainforest Cafe. 


After the fireworks we played for another 15 minutes and we were done. Time to earn our money. 


I rolled my gear way out to the far end of the parking lot and made it home about 11:30. Then I was actually on time to work this morning. I've got one more gig left for November. Stay tuned. Thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment