Monday, November 26, 2018

Paradise Pier Hotel-Disneyland, 11/13/18

Hi folks!

Me and the True Willie Band played a corporate event at the Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland for CalCIMA. It was an annual awards banquet, a fairly typical corporate event. It started with a nice drive down the 57. I left early for the gig so there wasn't very much traffic. I ventured just south of the 91.


I pulled around to the ballroom to unload. 


I found the sound crew already hard at work. We've worked with Chris and Rob many times. 


Chris is having fun doing the sound thing.


I tell you what, the carpet in this room looks like somebody made a mess on it. I think it's supposed to be a seashore with rocks and waves and stuff. This is Rob getting the FOH hooked up. 


While those guys were busy I wandered around the hotel and found a friend. 


Then I wandered back to set up my rig. Drummer Dave's monitor is bigger than my amp. 


The rest of the band arrives and literally begins the setup dance. 


Dave gets his papers in order before sound check.


TW gets a guitar lesson from Guitar Mike during sound check. We thought about changing an intro but TW didn't want to play an Db9b5 chord. 


Johnny Magic Fingers wants more kick and snare in his monitor. 


Here's a sound check selfie for you with a view of FOH at the back of the room. 


After soundcheck we retire to our green room and order from room service, compliments of the client. I had chicken piccatta. 


After supper we still had a lot of downtime. These things always run late. 


So we all went out to the lobby to take a picture with our new front man. 


This is the client, a bunch of good folks. 


Here's a shot of the room just before we go on. The emcees are finishing up their awards and announcements. 


The show went by so quickly that I had time for only one quick shot. We had a few dancers but the crowd was more into drinking and schmoozing. 


After the show Stephanie and Gage wanted a picture with the band. Stephanie is the nice lady who hired us. 


Then we rocked the stage with our tear down dance. I was on my way home by 10:20pm, a fairly early night. 



Now I'm walking out the door to head back down there to play at Downtown Disney with the ANB. Then tomorrow we're leaving for Vegas and a weekend at Gilley's. It's a busy week for this old bass player. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment