Thursday, November 1, 2018

Downtown Disney, 10/24/18

Say there Mouseketeers!

Me and the ANB had another mid-week engagement at the Downtown Disney District. It was a cool, pleasant evening to fight the rush hour traffic down to The Happiest Place On Earth.


I roll in my gear from the employee parking lot. You see the big rides of Disney California Adventure in the background. (Ha! And my shadow.)


Arnie hired MxxMaster again to run our sound. This is Flash running the tablet out front. We've worked with Flash several times, he's good people.


It looks like The Mouse has done a bit of redecorating around here, new coverings on the stage. My rig is set up in front of a silhouette of The Mouse himself.


It's the Hairy Legged Boy Club tonight. Amanda couldn't make it. I guess her husband had to work and Grandma couldn't babysit.


We finish our setup and sound check. Flash and Chris work well together and take good care of us.


Johnny Magic Fingers is on the "Minnie" side of the stage.


We were glad to see the Earl of Sandwich was reopened. They were doing a brisk business in spite of the other food trucks around.


The crowd starts to gather in anticipation of some good ol' country music. You see the dumpling truck in the background. There was also a crepes truck and a Habit truck.


Johnny dazzles the crowd with his boogie-woogie piano.


Jason keeps time. He really kept his stage volume down tonight. It was very comfortable on stage. I could hear everything without putting everything in my monitor and turning it up.


Arnie was really happy with the stage mix too. Can you tell?


Randy brought his single neck Fender pedal steel. It sounded great, different, but great. He left his big rig at The Ranch after rehearsal since we'll be there Friday and Saturday. He didn't feel like schlepping gear.


We had a pretty good crowd for a weekday. That barrier under the monorail line keeps growing. I don't know why.


On a break I hand out flyers to the throngs of adoring fans.


Here's our stage all lit up at night.


On the last break I feasted on a Habit Double Char Protein Burger. Hold the mayo.


Then we were back at work, playing under a full moon.


After four 40-minute sets we called it a night, said our goodbyes, and channeled our inner roadie.


We've got two dates on this stage in November and one in December. We're at The Ranch this weekend where I'm hoping to see a couple of bass playing friends of mine. And the gigs just keep on coming! I guess that's a good thing. It keeps me off the streets at night. Here's my sign as I leave the Happiest Place On Earth.


Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff  

No comments:

Post a Comment