Monday, November 26, 2018

Downtown Disney, 11/14/18

Hey Mouseketeers!

Me and the ANB played another of our regular stages on a Wednesday night at Downtown Disney. I have to arrange to leave work a little early in order to make the 6pm downbeat at DTD. It's already close to sunset as I make my commute down the 57 freeway.


This is the front door of the Paradise Pier Hotel, where me and TW played last night. I drive right by the Disney hotels every time I work at DTD but not when we work in the park proper.


Here you see the back side of the Paradise Pier Hotel as I begin to roll in from the employee parking lot. I don't think it's a half mile to the stage from here but I'll bet it's at least a quarter mile. The stage is to the right of that big Christmas tree you see sticking up above the palms. (Turns out it is .4 miles from the middle of this parking lot to the stage according to Google Earth.)


The sun has just about set by the time I toss my rig up on stage.


You see Daniel is joining us on fiddle and mandolin tonight while Jason and Johnny make adjustments and check things as we get ready for a quick soundcheck.


Daniel makes sure his mandolin is in tune.


Here's my usual rig and Jason's small kit (that he still manages to make too loud sometimes).


Sean, the owner of MxxMaster Sound, and his crew, Matthew, are ready, willing, and able to make us sound good. I don't know how they do it. It must be magic.


Since we are just about ready to start, here is a "Beauty and the Beast and the bass player" picture.


Amanda kicks off the show.


Here she is singing one of her sassy girl songs.


Daniel is patiently waiting to wow the audience with his fiddle prowess.


Johnny Magic Fingers tears up his big boogie woogie featured number.


Amanda has to hitch up her pants before she sings. Maybe I should've warned her I was taking a picture.


"She was a fast machine, she keeps her motor clean, she was the best darn woman that I ever seen."


We played right up until the fireworks show, in fact a little past. We're supposed to play until 9:40pm but I think the fireworks got started a little early.


"Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work we go!"


I roll my gear back out to the parking lot where I started. I was on my way home by 10:20pm. Another somewhat early night.



The recording session for Thursday evening got cancelled so I'll be driving to Las Vegas after work tonight in order to be well-rested for Friday at Gilley's. I like waking up and rolling downstairs for soundcheck rather than hurrying on stage after a long drive. Thanks for looking. You guys are great.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment