Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Ranch 12/4-5/15

Hello friends,

I must apologize. I've been so busy I haven't updated this in a bit. I'll try to get caught up today with all the gigs I've played lately.

The Kelly Rae Band and I had another epic weekend at The Ranch. Let's get right to Friday night.

Mario came from a rehearsal with a Latin soul band, hence the cool hat.




Art and Daniel set up behind the poinsettias. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Here's my soundcheck amp-selfie, fresh from my appearance as Santa's singing elf, "Flake". (I think I'll make that a separate post.)


Yes, that's a music stand. We've got a bunch of new tunes in the set list and I haven't crammed all the words in my head yet. Tonight I'll have my little music holder that clips onto my mic stand (it's a lot less noticeable). I left it at Knott's but Jeff is there today and will pick it up for me. I'll be back at Knott's tomorrow. Busy weekend! Woo hoo!

Those poinsettias look a little lonely up there on stage all by themselves. But there are other decorations around the club, garland and lights. It's starting to look festive.


I wore my festive red Scully shirt tonight. I don't get to wear this one very often.



Jeff has on his festive red plaid.


Art and Daniel wear red also. That's our dear Heather, the entertainment handler. She's announcing the band tonight.


Kelly and Heather are just so cute.


Daniel is thinking, "Just wait until these folks hear 'Devil Went Down To Georgia'!"


Art brought his tobacco Tele Squire tonight. He just put a new pickup in it and it sounded great.


Who is that dork with Kelly?


The KRB is putting on the show! Our Christmas songs went over very well. I'm glad we picked them up.


Kelly works the camera. Some of these pictures were taken by Vince, one of the managers. A few were taken from the social media.


I know some people don't care for line dances, but I tell you what, I love to watch.


Jeff and I have our fun.


Art and Daniel have their fun.


 Art and Kelly have fun.




My shirt matches the poinsettias.


It was a pretty good crowd for a Friday night.


Here's a few pictures from Saturday night. It seems I surprised Mario and Jeff.


Heather announced the band again tonight. The owner usually announces us but Andrew was busy with his company Christmas party.


Our dear friend Kellye joined us on stage tonight for a couple of songs. She's such a sweet little thing.


Here they are performing a duet. Two Kelly(e)s on stage at the same time! (Kelly and Kellye.)


Jeff caught me just as I was going on stage.


How about a few more action shots to finish up the night?

Jeff does his best "Garth" while behind the keyboards.


And then there's this guy.


Just another day at the office for Daniel, the consummate pro.


Here's Art working out on his Tele Squire. He really likes his cheap guitar.


Now let's get to the good stuff. Kellye joins us for a couple of songs. It's pretty cool having two Kelly(e)s on stage.






Saturday night's crowd was lively and fun.



After we have all the fun we can have, it's time to head for home. Here I am with my car keys ready to hit the road.


But there are still lots of gigs left in December. Thanks for looking. I'll be back.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff


No comments:

Post a Comment