Monday, November 30, 2015

Knott's Merry Farm, 11/27+29/15

Hello friends,

I'm back at Knott's another weekend, Friday and Sunday. Kelly is back too. Here's a few pictures from Friday afternoon. We did OK even though we were all suffering from a turkey hangover.

Here I am just about to walk through the security checkpoint at the west gate. I thought I'd check out all the stuff going on in the park today. Looks like there will be a lot of fun all season.


I made my way to our dressing room to find Jeff frantically trying to find all of his settings and get organized for the new set lists today.


Before we started I made my way to the "Crew's Nest" (employee cafeteria) to get some drinks and noticed the window. It boosted my spirits and got me in the mood to perform my best.
 

A few times during the show we let the kids get up and play with all the rhythm instruments while we're singing "Jingle Bells" and other kid-friendly Christmas songs.


The Kelly Rae Trio.


We had a good crowd all day Friday. We even had people just show up to hear us, not just to eat the barbecue.
 

This is the Firemen's Barbecue. The stage is located behind the BBQ stand.
 

In front of the BBQ is the Birdcage Theater. This is where Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies (formerly Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, who used to play in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon at Disneyland) perform their shows a few times a week. I'll have to try to catch one of their shows while we're here.


The maze for Knott's Scary Farm is still place. It's just pretty much empty and not open to the public. It's still pretty scary in there.


There is a Haunted Museum near our stage that houses some of the props and costumes used for the Scary Farm. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, usually makes an appearance during the run and puts on a few shows.


Every night we get a little snow in Ghost Town. The kids (of all ages) love it.
 

Just a couple pictures from Sunday (11/29/15). It was a slow day at the park but I still had a couple of friends unexpectedly show up to say "Hi". They'd heard that we were there and came on by to check out our fun.

This is Amanda, our sound tech for the evening. We've worked with her a couple of times now and she does quite well. Kelly's husband, Jack, was there and said the mix was good out front.
 

I guess Amanda is pretty good with her wireless mixer on the iPad. She's a real sweetheart, very attentive and always checking to make sure we're hearing everything we need.

It's such a cushy gig, when we're done we just lock up our gear in the dressing room, no schlepping.



We'll be back at the park at 4:30am on Thursday to do a spot for the local channel 5 (KTLA) morning news. I doubt we'll be anything other than background but I'll try to share it if it's any good. Then coming up this weekend, along with our Knott's dates, is The Ranch. It'll be a really busy weekend.

Merry Christmas to all! God bless us, every one.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment