Monday, December 28, 2015

Knott's Merry Farm, 12/18/15

Hello friends,

We've been back at Knott's several times since my last entry. I'll try to share a few highlights and get us all caught up. These pictures are from our appearance on Friday, 12/18/15.

Here's our buddy Brandon the soundtech, with Art, getting the stage ready for us.


Brandon helped set up the stage but Amanda worked FOH for us. I didn't get a picture of her today. She looked cute in braids. But she did take a few pictures of us today.

Brandon took this picture of Art and I. We were thinking of auditioning this guy for a lead singer, but he seemed too wooden.

 This is some of the art that the chainsaw guy makes. Sometimes his chainsaw is in tune with us.

Here's a picture I took of Kelly and Art just before we got started today.


Then Amanda took a few pictures of us.



Art is singing one of his big hits.




Following us on the Fireman's BBQ stage were a couple of old friends, Harvey Walker and Johnny Blankenship.



These two guys play guitar, banjo, fiddle, and just about everything else. Harvey used to book all the talent at Knott's. Johnny and I used to work the same club in different bands. In the mid-80s Johnny's band played Tuesday through Saturday at a club called Nashville West in El Monte (CA), a real honky tonk that's been gone for quite a while now, and my band played the off-nights, Sunday and Monday. I worked there for five years. Johnny worked there for eighteen years as the house band. Yes, it was a little different back in the day. I don't know of any "house gigs" like there used to be.

After our sets Art and I make a hasty getaway. Art didn't want to ride any roller coasters with me after our gig. Maybe next time.


I'll be back (above) with a few more pictures to get us all caught up. We've enjoyed our run at Knott's Merry Farm and have just a few more dates through Jan. 3rd.

I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff


No comments:

Post a Comment