Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Knott's Merry Farm, 12/12-13/15

Hi!

We are back at The Merriest Place In The West! Just in case you don't know, Knott's Berry Farm is known as Knott's "Scary" Farm in October, and Knott's "Merry" Farm starting the middle of November through the first of the year.

We were back at Knott's Merry Farm over the weekend. Jeff, Kelly, and I did Saturday afternoon. Then Jeff, Kellye, and I did Sunday afternoon.

This is Brandon helping Jeff with his mic stand on Saturday. It seems Jeff is always getting the bad mic stand.




It was a nice day on Saturday. We had lots of kids to join in the merriment.


Kelly hands out rhythm instruments to the kids and they sing "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolf" with us.


Parents love it because they can take lots of pictures and video of their kids with the band. Fun stuff.


Then the next day, Sunday, I took a stroll around to look at some of the changes. The kids were on the big Calico stage, where we played a couple of summers ago. There were very talented song and dance troupes.


In front of the Calico stage on the other side of the train tracks there used to be a huge swing in this area behind the fence. This swing was two stories tall and was a ton of fun to ride. It was taken out and I've heard that a big new stage will be built here to take the place of the current Calico stage. That's part of the Pony Express coaster you see behind the fence.


Jeff and I caught a Calico Saloon show with our daughters. Jeff's wife plays Cameo Kate.


Dakota Dan and Cameo Kate actually get engaged in this episode, after thirteen years of courting.


After the show Cameo Kate lets us have a picture with her.


Then I have to get to work while my daughter (on the right) and her friend enjoy the park. This is the only picture I got of us with Kellye that day. We're just about to leave the dressing room for the first show.


After the second show the clouds really started moving in. I was hoping the rain would hold off until I got a chance to ride some coasters with my daughter.




Alas, the rain did not hold off as long as I'd hoped. Our last set was really rainy but we still had a fun crowd. When we invited up all the kids from one to ninety two, these two young hipster dudes grabbed some shakers and had a blast with us. They thought we were so awesome they even tipped us a dollar each. I thought it was a very nice gesture.





We're back a Knott's next weekend, Friday and Sunday (12/18/15 and 12/20/15) for me. I'll see you then! Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment