Monday, December 28, 2015

Knott's Merry Farm 12/23, 26, 27/15

Hello friends,

Yes, I've been putting in a lot of performances at Knott's Merry Farm. The park has been jam packed lately, almost as much as Knott's Scary Farm. The crowds make us park a little farther away and it takes a little longer to work our way through the crowds to get to our dressing room and the stage. But everyone is here having a good time so I can't complain.


I think these first three pictures are from the eve of Christmas Eve, the 23rd. (It's all starting to run together.)

Since I don't have an amp I put my camera on the sound rack for my selfie.


Art and Kelly chat with one of Art's friends who stopped by to see us.


Here's our glam shot, taken by the sound tech.


Don't the scarves add a nice touch?

I was back the day after Christmas (26th) and the park was CROWDED! They had to open the west gate, the west and north parking lots to handle all the extra attendees.


Normally only employees use this gate but for the rest of the "Merry" season the park is expected to be jammed. Employee parking has been really full. It seems to be a half mile trek to the stage after we park.

The day after Christmas Kelly called in sick. She had cold symptoms so bad she couldn't sing so Art, Jeff, and I had our fun that day. Here they are getting set up.


Amanda was our sound tech that day. She does really well and even reminds Art to plug in his guitar so that we can hear him.


Then Amanda always takes a picture of the band for me.


Here's one from the crowd.


Here's a little video of the trio with Art, Jeff, and I.



Kelly was back the next day, Sunday 12/27/15. I could tell she wasn't 100% but she still sounded terrific.


We had great crowds at the barbecue. Some of them were there to actually listen to us too.


I took this picture of Kelly and Art on stage.


I have become a fan of these two beautiful young ladies, Rhianna and Ro. I enjoy seeing their friendly faces at every gig. They work at the boysenberry booth near the stage. They give me free samples of the boysenberry coffee and cider. (They actually give everybody free samples.) But I can see them having fun, dancing and singing along. I bought some coffee to take to the office and they let me have a picture.


I've got three more dates at Knott's before it's over for the season. I've also got a New Year's Eve gig at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure. Then I'll slow down a little bit in January, maybe play four or five gigs instead of seventeen(!). It's feast or famine in this business so I get it while the getting is good. (So they say.)

Thanks for looking! I appreciate your stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment