Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Ranch, 8/25&26/2017

Greetings!

Me and the KRB played a weekend recently at The Ranch. You can always watch the bands there streaming live at http://www.theranch.com/live/ starting at 8pm on the Left Coast.

As I arrived Friday afternoon for sound check the parking lot was sheer madness. Skip was trying to unload as Art pulled in and Mark (soundman) was trying to direct traffic.


Daniel and Mario had already arrived and missed the rush in the parking lot.


Mark helps Skip get his IEMs dialed in. I really like the IEMs here. They are stereo mixes with room ambience and sound really open and authentic.


These are my WMDs for the weekend. No, I don't get to use that sweet GK rig.


Instead, this is my setup. I play country. I keep it simple.


Here's Mark at the helm of The Enterprise, firing up the warp engines and checking all systems.


Skip sang a couple of new-to-him songs for sound check that we will work into the set list. Then we retire to the break room for a relaxing supper.


We really do enjoy each other's company although you can't tell in that picture. I had the steakburger and beet salad for supper.


While we waited to go on stage a friend of the band, DJ Scotty, asked us to sign a guitar as a gift to a patron. It's the first guitar I've ever been asked to sign.


Here's Dev giving a line dance lesson.


Skip is in a blue mood just before we start.


Art and Daniel are feeling the blues too.


I'm not sure what's up with this crazy guy. He looks like Animal!


Our lovely entertainment manager, Heather, joins me for an amp-selfie just before she announces the band.


Daniel sings "Devil Went Down" at the end of the first set while I snap a picture.


The crowd also likes their freestyle dancing.


Kelly poses while Daniel plays the guitar intro to "My Church". Art is messing with his pedals, as most guitar players are want to do.


Art gives Daniel's mic some rabbit ears while Kelly sings and Daniel plays guitar.


The Animal is back! Mario loves geeking the camera when I take pictures.


Kelly sings a tender love ballad toward the end of the night.


I'll also share a few cell phone pictures from our friend Shelly, another one of the dance instructors. Nobody noticed I changed shirts three times tonight. I'm just the bass player.






It was a decent crowd for a Friday.


More action shots from Friday night.















The following are my pictures from Saturday night. This is the back door to the green room hallway. There's a buzzer to let the folks in the green room know that you'd like to come in. Daniel was nice enough to let me in.


Katie was nice enough to serve our supper again tonight.


I had the buffalo chicken sandwich and kale salad.


Skip got a new shirt. Art and I have one just like it.


Daniel and Kelly are ready to put on the show.


It's my buddy Rick! Mario couldn't make it tonight.


Skip and his super hero pose. He looks cool in the smoke and all.


Rick and his 'my ear itches' pose.


Daniel performs his big hit.




Daniel again, playing a guitar intro. He's such a guitar hero.


"Can I get a Hallelujah!"


Since I have time during the intro, I take pictures of everyone.




At the end of the night the line dancers dance as long as the DJ plays.


Weekends at The Ranch are always fun. Plus the sound man, the sound, the food, the amenities, etc, are all top notch. It's a classy place.  


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment