Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Bella Terra, Huntington Beach CA, 8/17/17

Hello friends,

The gigs came fast a furious this week for me and the KRB. This little summer concert yesterday was in the middle of the Bella Terra Mall in Huntington Beach. I pulled into the mall near the parking structure.



We had to check in with the security office before we unloaded so I walked by the little amphitheater on the way to locating said office. This fountain and amphitheater are right in front of the movie theater.


Of course the security office was on the other side of the mall. When I got there I found Arthur already signing in.


Luckily I had asked another security guard for directions and he had pointed me through the middle loading area of the mall. It was still a good walk.


We went back to our vehicles, grabbed our gear, and continued the schlep.



We had to shoo the kids away. They we enjoying the fountain.


Mario arrives with his snare and a backpack. I asked if he was using is mini-kit again. Not for this gig.


Hal rolls up soon after.


Then Jack and Kelly arrive with the PA and the setup choreography begins in earnest.


Daniel does the cable dance behind the back line.


Art and Mario get settled. Mario was a little concerned about the unevenness of our "stage" but he made it work.


Kelly and her daughters, who will be singing later, take it easy while the guys do the heavy lifting.


It looks like we are getting dangerously close to sound check. A fan chats up Art and Jack.


The stage is set. We have our sound checked. Now it's time to have a bite of supper before we start making noise.


Art, Mario, and I decide we'd like some poke. (That's pronounced po-kay, not po-kee. That means something totally different!)



I had a large poke on a salad base with spicy tuna, salmon, crab, sea weed, ginger, cucumbers, and all kinds of healthy stuff.


Then it was time to head back to the "stage" and tune up.


How about an amp-selfie?


And Kelly begins the show!


Here's an action shot of the whole band, ripped from the pages of social media. 


You can see Kelly in the crowd while her girls sing. She's a proud mama. 


We take a short break to have more caffeinated refreshments. 


Then we're back at it. Daniel plays the intro to "My Church" while Art furnishes the rabbit ears. 


Mario thinks that's pretty amusing.


Hal thinks our antics are pretty funny. Jack has his nose in the mixing board. 


Of course, Kelly is the adult putting on the show.


Kelly really does a great job connecting with the audience. 


Another action shot from a phone, to social, media to you. 


While Kelly's girls were singing and Jack was playing bass, I took this view of the crowd from behind the band. 


It's late in the evening and it's time for Daniel's big hit, "Devil Went Down To Georgia", with more rabbit ears from Art.


Then we did one encore and called it a night. Then it was Rock-n-Roller cart city as we pack up our gear. 


Jack had a lot of stuff to schlep so I gave him a hand to the parking lot with his gear. 

Even with the long carry and helping Jack, I was in my Astro Van on the way home by 9pm. Which is OK in my book since I have to work in the morning plus play another gig in the evening. This old man needs his rest. But I'll be back soon with more giggage. Thanks for looking! 



Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment