Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Four Seasons, Beaumont CA, 8/20/17

Hello friends and neighbors,

No, not the Four Seasons Hotel. Me and the KRB played the Four Seasons at Beaumont, a 55+ community. The community puts on five concerts during the summer in their little amphitheater and I must say, they are great hosts and everyone had a great time. We did this gig without a keyboard player but the band really poured their hearts out for this crowd so it wasn't missed. Everyone had fun and were very appreciative.

It was a pleasant day to drive out to the low desert, not much traffic at all. I just set my cruise control to 70mph and rolled on down the slab.


I had the shortest drive to this gig but it was still just shy of an hour. I pulled into a very nice gated community.


This is a fabulous facility. I was told several times that it is affordable too. The clubhouse was very nice.


The staff was very accommodating. We got to park as close as were able.


We still had to roll our gear past the large pool.


We rolled through the lovely grounds past the tennis courts.


We made our way to the little amphitheater.


I was the last to arrive. I get that pleasure because I live the closest. It looks like everyone is set up.


The amphitheater was full of lawn chairs. The residents had to wait until 11am to place their chairs and claim their spots. It's going to be a good crowd.


Kelly had to make a run to Wal-Mart but got back in time for sound check.


We had a quick sound check and the stage is all set.


Here's the view from the back of the house.


This is the FOH mixer. I'm sorry I didin't get a picture of the sound guy. He's a resident here and is actually an Emmy award winning sound man, Stan Sweeney. Among other things he used to be a boom operator for a daytime soap. Check it out. We only had one monitor mix but Stan did a great job with our sound in this intimate venue.


We made our way to our green room, past the circular garden.


We walked across the beautifully kept lawn to the clubhouse.


We were directed to one of their activity rooms. We had plenty of space.


We were given cute bags of snacks, chocolates, cookies, bananas, etc. I brought the fig bars. I needed a little sugar rush.


The band was written up in their community magazine.


I thought it was nice that they wrote us up a bit. They gave us copies.


As we made our way back the the amphitheater these lovely ladies let me take their picture in front of the prize table. There were raffle prizes.


The crowd is excited to have us. I was told this was the biggest attendance they've had for a summer concert, almost 400.


I think Daniel looks a little nervous. 


Art tunes up just before we get started.


I take a quick selfie just before down beat. 


This is Mark, our emcee and the guy who hired us. He is a real nice guy to work with. 


I guess Mark said something funny. The band is cracking up. 


And it's on with the show! I gave my camera to Mark so he could take some photos from out front. For some reason the crowd was really entertained. 


Sometimes the dancers were so close I had to be careful not to hit anyone with my headstock. A few times it got really crowded on my side of the stage. 


We are having fun now!


I'll bet I was singing "Wagonwheel".


Yep. That's my "Wagonwheel" face.


Kelly had some friends come out tonight to visit. This is Kathy.


We took a short break so some raffle prizes could be given away, then we were right back at it. 


I also had a friend visit. This is Derril, who drove in from Indio, about 45 minutes farther out in the desert, just to see us play.


Another shot of the talent just before we start another tune. 


"The Kid". 


Kelly wasn't ready for this selfie. 


This nice lady was taking video on her phone all night. Dena has seen us before and was very glad we could play here. 


Daniel is closing the show with "Devil". We ended up doing two encores. 


Then it was time to do the roadie thing again. At least I got to leave my gear in the van all week. Since we were playing five nights in a row it saved me a bunch of loading and unloading. 


Thankfully after five gigs this week I have only three gigs the following week. It will seem like a vacation. Thanks for coming along with me. 

Next week (8/23) I'll be with True Willie on Wednesday in Laguna Beach then Fri-Sat (8/25-26)with the KRB at The Ranch. September looks like it's busy but October will start to slow down, I hope. This old man needs a break.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment