Thursday, June 10, 2021

Giracci Winery, 4/2/21

 Greetings!

This gig at Giracci Winery was originally a duo gig but turned into a big party to send off our dear Amanda Kate who's moving to Texas. We invited a few musical guests to party with us. Arnie even rented a dance floor and the CC production group brought out the big guns for PA and lights. Over three hundred tickets were sold at $25 each, meal included, but the band worked for cheap, basically singing for our supper. Nobody minded a bit. It was quite the party. 


 I snuck out of work a little early on a Friday afternoon and headed down the old 57 freeway like I have hundreds, if not thousands, of times before.


Once you get off the main drag and head out Santiago Canyon Road you could swear you're out in the country.


Here we are pulling into the main gate of the winery property.


It looks like we are under the big gazebo again. That's Jed putting the finishing touches on the PA and light setup.


I tossed my rig on stage and parked around back of the tasting room. Here's a view of the party area as I make my way back to the stage. This shindig grew to be three times it's original estimate.


Oh boy! Four subs! We're going to be kickin' it tonight!


I brought both of my Carvin products tonight. Look at those road cases, almost all perfessional and stuff. We can hide all our gig bags and junk behind them.


Here's my rig next to Arnie's rig. My 210 cab has developed a rattle so I used that as an excuse to bring out my big guns.


If this bass player was half as cool as he thinks he is, he would've helped the drummer get the kit on stage.


It looks like we are just about done with the setup dance. Paul plugs in his fiddle. Jed checks PA connections. Drummer Dave aligns his skins.


Tonight we'll be doing a few of Amanda's originals, which I haven't played for a year. I had to pull out my Nashville number charts.

Yeah, I know. It's not real beer. At least it's cold and free.


We did a very quick sound check while folks are getting settled and waiting in line.


Wow! Look at that line! There must be something going on here.


Jed puts the finishing touches on the stage mix. I'm using IEMs. Rob is out front at the console doing FOH.


Paul looks happy, ready to slip and slide on his steel guitar.


Johnny Magic Fingers and the old country bass player are ready to make noise.


Arnie is ready to play some Merle Haggard.


Oh wait, he's got to adjust his pedals and check his tuning.


Here's our guest of honor. We're all going to miss this gal. Amanda promises to fly back often to play shows with us. Besides, the grandparents are still local so they'll want to see their grandbaby at least once a month. Let's hope so.


Who knows? Maybe she'll get famous while she's in Texas.


You might remember Kevin Click. He's done a few shows with us.


Brad Johnson also got up to sing a couple. He has another band that plays the area and was also in rotation at The Ranch.


Here's a better picture of Brad with Arnie, Dev, and Stephanie.


I wandered over to the BBQ and took this picture of the proceedings. It was a pleasant evening and everyone was having a great time.


Here ya go Bill! The traditional outdoor country gig meal, beans and BBQ.


We've done a couple of shows with The Joy Reunion, an acoustic trio that sings great together. Neil, Gentry, and Robert blend exquisitely.


Lots of fun being had on the dance floor!


Jed and Claire brought up their bass player and drummer so the band Cross County Line could play a few. I got to walk out front and check out the FOH sound.


We played from 6pm to 10pm. I like early nights. Arnie photobombs my load out picture.


But wait! What's that sound? Oh no! Somebody forgot to turn off the sprinklers! We hustle all the gear off the grass onto the dance floor.


After my commute home I enjoy a Reese's Easter egg and wash it down with a GOOD beer. It was a good day.


I'm glad more of us are getting back into the swing of things as people are taking precautions, vaccinations, etc, and the fear subsides. May God continue to bless us.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment