Monday, November 4, 2019

Radiance at Calvary Church Santa Ana, 9/26/19

Hello friends,

I had no gigs last weekend but I was honored to be asked to play Thursday evening for the Blind Eye Worship 20/20 Worship Conference Concert with members of the Radiance band.


We had rehearsed the day before at Calvary Church Santa Ana, a 2000 seat worship center with state of the art sound and AV.
 

Looking the opposite direction in the courtyard you see the chapel, for youth and other services, offices, plus there is a school on the campus. 


As you walk in you see the control booth and the large sanctuary. 


Part of the team are on stage with the soundguy, Ryan, doing a great job of taking care of everyone. (L-R, Mark-keys, Kevin-keys, Claire-vocals, Ryan-soundguy, Jed-acoustic guitar and vocals.)


This Allen and Heath wireless IEM mixer system is absolutely the best I've ever worked with. I could EQ my own channel, pan left and right, there were fine controls, and groups of pages set up for vocals, band, drums, etc. 


Here we are sound checking and running some tunes. I don't get to be in the front row, but at least I'm in front of the drummer. 


We're taking a little break in the middle of running these fourteen original songs. You see my buddy Arnie and his twangy Tele. 


This is Kenny Cash, great stage name! But that's his real name. I enjoyed working with this young man, a real pocket player. 


There's something in my ear.


This is Kevin Click. We (the ANCCB) will be playing for his CD release party in late October. 


On Wednesday night we had a full dress rehearsal. Since they were shooting video we used the night before to get the close-ups. Here's Arnie getting up close and personal. 


Look like there's a break in the action. Kevin and Shauna work out something music-y. 


Jed had given me copies of the Nashville Number charts that the Nashville pickers used to record the CD. It's a good thing I read Nashville numbers, with my scribble notes on it for good measure. 


We had a great rehearsal, a long one, but a great one. I came back the next day ready to make a joyful noise. 


The BEW group went all out capturing this on video. There were six cameras around with one on this boom. 


Here we are in the green room. The vocalists are warming up and polishing their parts. This is the first time these fourteen songs have been performed in public. 


Pastor Dave Jamerson, ex-NBA standout for the Houston Rockets, flew in to encourage us and pray for us. He's been a friend of this ministry since the beginning. 


Due to the nature of the performance, with video cameras and live recording happening, I took no pictures during the show. Here's the band picture afterwards. 


From left to right, Kevin Singleton, some bass player, Shauna Chanda, Shelley Rusk, Claire and Jed Seneca, Kevin Click, Arnie Newman, Kenny Cash, Mark Thomas. All of these folks could flat out sing and or play. I don't know why they asked me along. I just tried to make a joyful noise, emphasis on "noise".

I did manage to get a shot of the strike-the-stage dance, not much to pack up.
 


We had a bit of meet-and-greet after the concert. There were quite a few friends of the ANCCB in the audience. They all promised to come to Amanda's CD release party on Oct. 9.

There's talk of more of these events across the country and beyond. If asked I'd love to tag along. Well see. This project is just getting started but has a lot of potential. 


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment