Monday, November 4, 2019

Downtown Disney, 9/18/19

Hey gang!

I'm about to leave work to drive to Vegas and thought I'd toss up a quick report about our semi-regular gig at Downtown Disney. Nothing really special about this one, just us hairy legged pickers making the best of a warm evening. Once I got to the employee parking I noticed this Audi with custom plates.


(It says "GOT EARS". Must be a real Mickey enthusiast.) As I rolled up to security I found John getting his gear checked out.
 

We rolled to the stage, tossed up our gear, and did a quick setup dance.


We've got our cowboy clothes on now and it's time for a quick sound check. Arnie brought his PA with the IEM rack. We're really getting it together.


Just before we start, since there's no pretty, talented ladies to take a selfie with, I just take a selfie with my sign.
 

Jed walked out front for the first few songs to set levels then ran the rest of the night from the stage. Here's Arnie, probably singing a Merle song.


John had some important business to attend to just as we took a break. He went light tonight with only two keyboards.


Here's the IEM rack, Arnie's Little Walter, and Jason's Breakbeats kit.
 

Jed's rig and my rig. Jed has a Kemper and other stuff in that rack.
 

Kick'er off there Wichita!


This was a long intro to something so I took some pictures.


Oops, I must've been running out of time. Jason looks a little fuzzy.


On our last break I took a selfie with another sign.


On the last break I walked down to the courtyard, past the Jazz Kitchen, where there is usually some live entertainment but it was dark. Oh well, at least I got a little exercise.


We had a really good crowd for our last set. It's a "stroll by" crowd for the most part. It's fun when they stick around for a few tunes.


For some reason there were no fireworks tonight. But we get to pack up our gear at 9:45 anyway. There sure are a lot more cables to wrap when we don't hire a sound company. 


Our next date at DTD will be Nov. 27th. We'll be doing part of Arnie's Merle tribute show. We've got some big Merle tribute shows on the calendar and need to get that show tight. Can you say "paid rehearsal"? ;)

OK, time for me to leave work. Randy will be meeting me at the house so we can ride together. That's right, we'll have a pedal steel plus Royce will be playing the part of the lovely talent this weekend. She'll make us look much better. :D Break a leg everyone!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment