Friday, February 9, 2018

Downtown Disney, 2/7/18

Greetings friends and neighbors,

It was a pleasant evening with Country Club Events and The Arnie Newman Band. We were at Downtown Disney on the stage between the ESPN Zone, the Rainforest Cafe, and the AMC Theater. I always get a little excited, like a little kid, when I get near "Didneyland".



I pull into the employee lot and wave my magic card at the machine to get int.


I found the closest parking spot far away from the stage and loaded up my cart to roll my gear to the Downtown District, on the other side of that big blue office building.


Here's your sign. Arnie uses his "event" nomenclature for certain engagements.


Here's my gear, including my JBS for the vintage material, next to Austin's rig.


Jason brings a lot of hardware to the gig besides his kit.


The keyboard farm of Mr. Johnny Fingers.


John is ready to tickle the ivory. He has a lot of it to tickle.


Francelle gets the lyric monitor set up.


Jason is the king of his kit. Dilly dilly!


Francelle gets ready to entertain the gathering crowd.


Austin plays some tasty flatpicking on his acoustic.


On a break Arnie talks to Sean of MxxMaster Sound to get his monitor mix settled. We love working with Sean and the crews at his company.


This is Sean's cute little QSC mixer but he does most of the work wirelessly on the tablet.


Arnie and Francelle start the next set. 


They encourage the crowd to clap along. We're having fun now!


Arnie croons a country classic, probably an Alan Jackson song.


Jason is laying it down while being suave and debonair.


This is the montage that Sean took of the band and posted to his Facebook page. He likes promoting all the groups he works with.


Now it's time to turn out the lights, the party's over. All good things must come to an end. We must pack up our gear and leave the Happiest Place On Earth.



Except for the long carry to/from the parking lot, this is a pretty cushy gig. I had my trusty Astro van loaded up and on the way home before 10pm. My next engagement with Arnie will be Saturday at a private event, a big birthday party somewhere in the OC. That should be fun. Maybe I'll be able to find a beer or something to eat.

Thanks for looking at my gigs. Until next time!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment