Thursday, February 1, 2018

Downtown Disney, 1/24/18

Greetings friends and neighbors,

Me and the KRB played once more at Downtown Disney last night. It always lifts my spirits a bit when I get close to the Magic Kingdom.


The one thing I don't look forward to is going through security. Here's the view as I near the entrance from the employee parking lot. But this time the officer looked at my Disney contractor card and when I told him I'm with the band he said, "You're good to go" and waved me on through. I didn't have to open all my cases and bags this time. It truly was magic.


I rolled up to the stage and found the rest of the band in the midst of the setup dance so I cut in. The PA was pretty much ready to go.


I tossed my gear up on the front of the stage then took a few steps back to grab a picture. Mario is setting up his drums, Daniel is plugging in his pedal board, Art is trying to find his backside with both hands, and Skip is helping him. That's Alex at the mixer. He's half the crew along with Will Blount, our soundman this evening.


Here's Will on the left, a very nice fellow, with his trusty sidekick Alex. They did a great job for us tonight.


Every time I see/hear these Radian monitors I think, "Hey, these are pretty good!" They are as heavy as all get-out though.


Tonight I just noticed that my SKB flight case has suffered damage. This probably happened on my last flydate with True Willie earlier this month. Now I'll get to find out how good SKB's lifetime warranty is.


Update: On the day I posted this blog entry I went down to the SKB offices in Orange CA and they gave me a new case under warranty, no questions asked, no muss, no fuss. These guys are incredible! I'll get SKB cases for all my gear from now on. 

I've got my spare Guild Pilot 5-string in the gig bag just in case. I set up only my Carvin LB76 to use with my GK MB500 and Carvin RL-210. It's all I need for a great sounding little stage monitor rig. I love traveling light.


I meant to snap a picture of Mario setting up his drums. Kelly photobombs.


Skip plays some fancy Bruce Hornsby licks for his line check.


It's a pleasant evening here at the Happiest Place On Earth, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.


Art tunes up while sitting on his sound shield (pedal board case) in front of his tiny amp.


Art was really good with stage volume tonight. It helps when he brings his little Super Champ.


This was Mario's monitor tonight. Wow! That's twice the size of my bass rig.


Kelly kicks off the show!


Art and Daniel are about to impress the crowd with their musical prowess, as soon as Art gets his thumb out of his...


I'll bet Daniel is performing "Devil Went Down To Georgia", whaddya think?


Mario is super excited to be here tonight. He loves geeking the camera when I take pictures.


I couldn't get Skip to hold still. But he had excellent stage presence tonight.


We had a pretty good crowd this evening, for a "chilly" California winter evening.


We took a break and look what I found. A bass solo!


I'll have to look into this movie. I'm thinking it must be a prequel about Han Solo's younger days. Sounds like fun!

I forgot to grab a selfie earlier so here's one as Daniel plays the intro to "My Church".


Kelly entertains!


Daniel and Art guitar!


Here's Kelly's view of the audience.


 Oops! She caught me!


Art geeks the camera.


Hey! Look who's in town this weekend. It's my friend and fellow bass player, Charles, from Las Vegas. We take a moment for a selfie.


Charles took these pictures while he was hanging out. 





It was a fun night. Then it was time to get back to work and relocate this gear into my trusty Astro van.


I've got one more gig on the books with the KRB on Friday (1/26/18). We're all a little bit sad but I'm sure there will be a reunion gig every now and then. I'll be playing different music with different people in different places. Thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment