Friday, June 30, 2017

Downtown Disney 6/19/17

Hello dear friends,

It was another warm but pleasant evening near the Happiest Place On Earth. Me and the KRB played the outdoor stage at Downtown Disney in front of the ESPN Zone, the theater, and the Earl of Sandwich. My gig started with a long gear schlep. I guess I could have parked three spaces closer.


You see that blue Disney Hotel? The stage is on the other side another hundred yards or so. After I rolled my gear to the entrance of DTD, unloaded my cart, opened everything up, let security inspect it, then loaded up my car again, I turned around and snapped a photo of the security at the entrance.


But I'm not complaining! That reminds me of an old joke.....oh, never mind.

Jack had already been here and set up the PA. Since we didn't use the snake tonight we all made home runs to the mixer and had a different flavor of cord salad.


The rest of the lads arrive and take the stage. There are no IEMs tonight. We're going old school with amps and monitor wedges and everything.


This is the back of my amp.


Jack makes sure we are plugged in and monitored up.


Kelly arrives and we are just about to start the show. Let's all put on our happy face!


The crowd started off a little light. I think they were waiting for it to cool down a bit.


Since there is no keyboard player tonight, most of the pictures I took were facing stage right.


On the break I take a selfie in front of our sign. If you scan that bar code with your phone it will take you to the KRB website.
 

Here's the stage after sunset. It's kind of pretty.


Kelly gets the show started again. The crowd has really picked up since the sun has gone down.


I think Mario hit his had on his mic stand. Ouch!


What's a visit to Disneyland without some fireworks? They just barely got up over the Rainforest Cafe tonight.


Then we are back for our last set.


If you look closely you can see a celebrity in the audience. (j/k)


And Daniel finishes the night with a rousing rendition of "Devil Went Down To Georgia". Man, he really plays the snot out of that song.


Guess what! We had a special guest in the house this evening. A fellow bassist, Johnathan, stopped by to say hello. Johnathan works with "Another Journey", an excellent Journey tribute. I like Johnathan's shirt!


Kelly said she liked his looks too. Maybe you can sub for me sometime Johnathan? We had a great time chatting and getting caught up, talking about our tribute gigs, etc. But then I had to pack up my gear.


Here's Jack taking a cart load of his PA gear. And that was the night.


My next post will be about a "double", two different gigs in one day. We have another Disney corporate gig in Glendale from noon to 1pm. Then we have to hurry down to Santee to play a park concert where 3000 people are expected. We are supposed to be sound checked by 4:45pm with downbeat at 5:30. We're hoping it won't take longer than three hours to make the drive. Disney is backlining us. Jack is bringing gear to setup our backline before we arrive in Santee. Hopefully we'll have no trouble with traffic. Wish us luck!

Thanks for looking! Tell a friend!



Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment