Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Ranch 3/18-19/16

Hi!

We had a fabulous Friday night at The Ranch. If you happened to listen in on the live web stream, I must apologize for stinking the place up a bit. I was working out the kinks last night. We added about a half dozen new tunes and I should have done more homework. Saturday night will be better because I'll be drinking more. ;)

Here's our load-in picture. Do you notice anything different?


That's right. There are no monitors on stage. Actually, Kelly wasn't able to get there early enough to get her IEMs dialed in so she did use a couple of wedges but the rest of the band is using IEMs and no amps on stage. It's a little different but pretty dang cool.

Yes, there's a pretty awesome backline at The Ranch but we don't use it, except for the drums. Here are my babies.


Mario says, "Hey! What am I supposed to do up here?"


After our sound check we retire to the green room and wait for supper.




Here is the wireless in-ear pack that we use, Shure P9R. I'm mix 5. This is all Ranch gear too.



Here's our first set tonight. The first song is an original written for Kelly by a friend.



It's been a while so I thought I'd share a picture of the coolest mirror ball I've ever seen.




At last supper arrived. A lot of us had the sesame crusted Ahi tuna. I also had the organic spinach salad with grilled chicken.




Just before the entertainment manager announces us, Heather takes an amp-selfie with me.




Here's Heather announcing the band. We're all chomping at the bit.


Jeff says, "You better not take my picture. Oh no, you di'int!!"


At the end of the 2nd set Kelly starts belting out "Don't Stop Believing".


Jeff wails on the intro. He's in the zone.


Art and Daniel wait their turn to come in with their screaming guitars.


Mario was clapping along. I caught him in mid-clap.


If you have a chance, feel free to watch the live web feed at http://www.theranch.com/live/

Here are a few from the weekend by the staff photographer. I think it was Heather's turn.


 

For supper on Saturday night I had an organic green salad and the buffalo chicken sandwich. It's got a bit of a kick to it.




Then our entertainment manager, Heather, took a picture of me with my new Scully shirt.


Heather takes great care of us, making sure we have everything we need. She even prints our set lists if we need it.

Art and Daniel had plenty of rest last night and are ready to put on the show.


Jeff bangs out the intro to "Don't Stop Believing". It's always a crowd-pleaser.





 We had a great crowd tonight, and they love singing along with Kelly to the old Journey song.



On a break we relaxed in the green room and watched reruns of Hee Haw. Man! What a great show.




Then we were back on stage, throwing down!



I think the crowd is doing the electric slide as I sing the Thompson Square song, "Everything I Shouldn't Be Thinking About". It's a fun tune.




Here's a picture of me taking a picture of Heather taking a picture of Kelly.


 This is what it looked like from my side of the stage.


 The band is roaring!


I'm not sure what's going on here, but we're all having fun.


A shot across the stage. Heather was taking photos tonight.


Hmmm, I look angry at something. I should never sing angry.


This is one of the managers, Vince, doing the DJ duties from the sound booth. Mark does NOT like his picture taken.




This is the dance floor still full during the last break when I ran to the bar to get a beer. It was crazy busy tonight.


Here's a picture Jeff took of Kelly and I. It's a little over exposed. I'm trying to teach Jeff how to properly use my cheap camera. (Is my nose a little red? I wonder why.)


Then the night came to a close. Our four sets went by pretty quickly, we were having so much fun. Even when I don't bring an amp I tend to bring a lot of gear.


I still have to get my garment bag and backpack and carry them out to my van. But I guess that's better than hauling that 4x12 cab around.

I'll be back at The Ranch next time with my friends Kellye Huff, Arnie Newman, and his band. Then the weekend after that the KRB will be at Gilley's in Las Vegas. It's fun to get out of town once in a while. I'll try to remember to take a picture or two. Until then, thanks for looking.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment