Monday, May 9, 2016

Arcadia Performing Arts Center 5/4&12/16

Hi gang!

I'm working with a lady you all know, Kellye Huff, playing in a pit orchestra of sorts in a Broadway revue show by the students at the grade school where she is a vocal coach. Each grade performs a few numbers from musicals like "Annie", "The Music Man", "Phantom Of The Opera", and the like. Wednesday (5/4/16) was the first performance. This coming Thursday (5/12/16) is the other performance.

The Arcadia PAC is a nice facility located on the campus of Arcadia High School.




Here's my amp-selfie with Kellye and her daughter.


No, that wasn't my performance outfit. I changed into my job clothes, typical black.
 

Since Jack had my 210 rig, I brought my 1x15 cab and Randall amp.




I thought this would be better than my GK 410. We didn't have to play loud at all even though we were set up behind the curtain. The sound guys took all the instruments direct. That's Dr. Stephen on the piano and conducting the orchestra.




I'd say the theater held about a thousand. I don't know how many attended the performance but I'm sure it was mostly parents and other family members.




I had to set up three music stands because some of these charts (I was reading the piano scores) were twelve pages long.




I would much rather read a real bass book. Sometimes it gets a little tough trying to read my notes up an octave. Too many ledger lines can confuse me. I'm just the bass player.


I caught Mario trying to text while drumming.


Here's Mike's rig and pedal board. I don't know why he needed that pedal board for this gig but at least it didn't get in his way and he always plays at a reasonable volume.


I don't know why one would need all the gadgets and doo-dads for a kids Broadway revue. I guess it's a guitar player thing.


Here's a picture Kellye took of the band just before we got started. The stage tech, Keith, was making sure everything was in order.


Here's Kellye conducting her students. They were fearless. I love working with kids and these kids put on a pretty good show.

[​IMG]

Here's a view of the kids from behind the curtain. They liked to turn around and check out the band. Dr. Stephen is checking the lines on his score for the next musical entrance.


Tonight (5/4) was the 3rd and 4th grades' performance. On the 12th will be the 4th and 5th grades' performance. If I get any interesting pictures I'll share them.  But it will be mostly the same, just different songs. The kids did great. They had a lot of fun, as did I.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff


No comments:

Post a Comment