Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Ranch, 11/6-7/15

Hi guys!

It's been so long since I've had a gig I forgot what one felt like, about three weeks. Here's our flyer for this weekend. Don't forget, you can watch all the bands live streaming on the internet at http://www.theranch.com/live/



Here we are after loading in and sound checking on Friday afternoon.


I was thrilled that Mark, our sound guy, let me use the whole GK rig, an 800RB and a 412 Neo cab. Sweet!


Beside this really nice rig you see my trusty Carvin LB76 and Guild Pilot. Art picked up a new toy this week, a Jazzmaster Squire.


The light canons are back on the drum riser. Look out! You don't want to catch one in the face.


This is a shot of the coolest 'mirror ball' I've ever seen.


For supper tonight (they feed us well at The Ranch) I splurged and ordered the prime rib sandwich with a mixed green salad. It was terrific! That's Art's mahi tuna you see next to my steak.


The other guys had the yellowtail fish tacos, deviled eggs, fruit, and other goodies.

Here's Dev teaching a linedance lesson.


Tonight's lesson was called "Lips" since the dance goes to the song "Your Lips Are Moving" by Meghan Trainor. Yes, I don't know why, but we can do that song.

Anyway, here's a shot of Dev on the big screen, showing the folks how it's done.


Also on the big screen is my bass-playing friend, Kyle, and his band. They will be playing on "Audition Wednesday" in a couple of weeks. Hey Kyle! Blow the roof off the dump!


Here's my amp-selfie before we get started.


Friday night is usually "brown" night. We'll wear black on Saturday night.

We did "Don't Stop Beliving" at the end of the third set. Here's Jeff pounding out the intro..


Kelly belts it out to the crowd.


Art and Daniel are being chill, even though we are having a TON of fun after not playing for three weeks.


Mario is waving his rally towel. It's a Journey song and he gets the crowd pumped up.


Kelly has the crowd whipped up into a frenzy. Kelly gets the crowd to sing along on the chorus. The sound guy said the audience hit 90db this weekend just singing along. They were having fun!


On the break I realize that I need to get back on the stage pretty quickly. Half the band is already there!


I made it back in time and took this picture of Art and Daniel wailing on their guitars.


Here's a shot of the monitor room at stage right behind Art. Most clubs don't have this kind of gear for their main FOH system. This venue is really top notch.


Here's a pic from a friend's social media.


More pics show up on The Ranch's social media.




This is from Saturday night. Kelly has her rock-n-roll pants on and we're wearing our black ensembles.

Andrew, the owner, announced us  Saturday night.


Daniel joins me in an amp-selfie just before we start the set with "Devil Went Down To Georgia".


Jeff photobombs my crowd shot.


This cute young couple got engaged just before our second set tonight. I wish them well.


I hope Mario is concentrating really hard. Either that or he's about to have an accident.


Kelly and Daniel are ready to start the set. I don't know which set this is, but we're going for it!


We were getting kind of goofy later in the night.


Kelly enjoys an adult beverage with her best friend, Laura.


Jeff is feeling the energy tonight.


Art is pure happiness all the time.


Here are some more random social media photos from Friday night.








We really had a packed house on Saturday night. Here are random shots from the staff's social media.


Art and his never-ending smile.


Kelly puts everything into her performances.


It was kind of funny, at one point during "Devil Went Down To Georgia" Daniel accidentally stepped on his cable and unplugged his fiddle. You kind of need fiddle in that song.


Kelly and Daniel rock out.


Jeff pulls up a stool and takes it easy while he plays. He'll tear it up later.


Jeff, with his key-tar, and I work on our choreography.






We had a great crowd.



I'm out front playing the bass hook to "These Are The Good Times" by Chic. 


Get your hands up!


We had sooooo much fun this weekend. It's a shame that we have to stop.



I've got seven more gigs in November and seventeen in December! I'm not sure I can keep up with updating this blog after every gig. But I'll try to post a few pictures at least once a week. Thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff






No comments:

Post a Comment