Saturday, July 4, 2020

Livestream Events: Gilley's Urban Cowboy 4th Anniversary Tribute, Temecula Park Concert Series, 6/13/20

Hello my dear friends,

All the kids are doing it these days so we thought we'd give it a try. Well, in fact, these two clients insisted that we livestream and record for a future internet broadcast. A few of you saw our Urban Cowboy tribute for Gilley's Las Vegas. Our internet streamed event for the city of Temecula will be broadcast on the internet on June 18. If your interested I'll try to post the link. But I must say, I was not pleased with that particular performance for the Temecula folks. Hopefully they have a good editor! But I thought I'd post pictures from the weekend anyway.

Both events, the Gilley's 40th Anniversay Tribute to Urban Cowboy and the City of Temecula park concert series, were performed live at our friend Rob's sound stage. You've seen me post about his man-cave before. He's got a really nice setup. Here's a picture from the sound console after we did a setup and sound check the night before. It was supposed to be a dress rehearsal but we won't get into that.


That was a Thursday night "rehearsal" and here is the commute to the gig after my "work-at-home" shift in my home office. There sure was a lot of traffic for a "lockdown" state.



We did the Gilley's show live on Friday night and the Temecula park concert was recorded to air on our scheduled date June 18. Here we are getting ready for Friday night.



Rob had purchased a few cameras and a switcher for his sound stage but they did not arrive in time. Jed and Rob figured out a way, with Amanda's help, to use an iPhone with the mix fromt the soundboard and pump all those electrons to Gilley's Facebook page to livestream the concert.


During the technical setup everyone was taking advantage of Rob and Suzie's hospitality. They are such good people, partners in Arnie's CC Production company. It looks like the stage is all set. The band must be in the dressing room getting lubricated.



Here's my "new" Kiesel (Carvin) PB5 in front of the house Ampeg practice amp, a BA-112 or similar. I actually couldn't even hear this amp because we were all IEM. But a couple of the guys like to hear me on stage a little bit so I used it.



Just thought I'd share a few snacks that Suzie brought out for us while we were livestreaming our Gilley's Las Vegas Urban Cowboy show. I enjoyed afterwards. Sun Chips (my fave), hummus, some hummus delivery systems, and barley pop. There was a big sandwich around somewhere. I think I got the last piece.



At the end of the evening Big Betsy was waiting patiently to take me home. I really need to give her a bath and change her oil. She's been sitting around for so long not doing much. I was so happy, with the freeway driving I've been doing lately, to see her mileage go back up over 22mpg.



We had to be back at the soundstage at 11am the next morning. I was a little late but I got there before the Temecula city recording crew arrived. They were a pleasant bunch.



Here's a view of the second row. I get to be in the front row because I sing a few songs. Paul joined us to cover fiddle and steel. Jason played mask. Johnny brought all his fingers.



Here you see Timmy from the city of Temecula. He was the M.C. and a really nice guy. Ha ha! Claire is looking at me like, "Son, are you takin' my pitcher?"



Here's the band, most of the band, sans the old country bass player.


Just before we start the recording I took another picture from my mic. Timmy is checking one of the cameras. That's Torrie, also from Temecula, on the right.


Again, Arnie points at his favorite bass player in the room.


We are just about ready to shout "Action!". Claire gives me a wave as Amanda makes sure the drummer is paying attention.


Just another gear shot of my little Ampeg amp and the Shure paddle antennae right next to me. My IEM still dropped out. Weird.


After recording the show, Suzie (Rob's wife) brought out a nice spread, pulled pork, two kinds of slaw (one was a bleu cheese slaw that was killer!), veggies, and a few adult beverages.


We hung out for a while, stuffing our faces and thinking about physical distancing.


I didn't eat much because I was taking the fetching Mrs. BassCliff out for supper this evening. I hung out long enough to be sociable but left soon enough to help with finishing up a puzzle. (I found two pieces!)


I said "hello" to my space alien daughter before the missus and I left for supper.


She was meeting friends for a Homestuck hangout and really likes to dress the part. She makes her own costumes, horns and ears and all.

All in all, it was a very fun weekend hanging with my friends and family, playing music, enjoying company, and getting back to living life the way God intended. I hope you and yours are healthy and happy. Thanks for checking in on me.

Next Saturday we have a private party to play for, a family reunion, in front of a real audience at a horse property not too far from me. The host will practice some common sense and has scaled back the party to allow for everyone's comfort and safety. But we will enjoy playing outdoors for a live audience again. Yay band!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff


No comments:

Post a Comment