Friday, July 3, 2020

A Rehearsal! 6/9/20

Hello friends,

Yeah, I know, I know. It's only a rehearsal but it's been so long it almost felt like the first time. :p

We are rehearsing for the 40th Anniversary of Urban Cowboy. This show was supposed to be at Gilley's in Las Vegas. It was rumored that Mickey Gilley himself along with Johnny Lee were going to make guest appearances with the Country Club Band doing the honors of backing them. The big shutdown nixed that idea but we're playing the show on the Facebook interwebs anyway, livestreaming.


We're not very far along into "phase 2" of opening but there was still quite a bit of traffic on the way to Arnie's garage studio/practice space.


We all squealed with joy because Amanda, Claire and I could take a selfie again.


Jason was the only mask in the room and he didn't play too loudly. Maybe he should wear a mask all the time? Arnie points at his favorite bass player in the room.


Johnny Magic Fingers used the house piano. Arnie has a well-equipped studio with just about everything we need.


I just brought my new Kiesel PB5 and plugged into the house Rumble.


Here we are, rehearsing away, singing songs, playing instruments, just the way God intended.



Here is a portion of Arnie's collection hanging in his control room.


And a shot of the console. One of these days he'll learn how to use all this stuff.


I had picked up a new (for me) IPA from a brewer I like, Stone FML Double IPA, but I didn't drink it last night. I got home too late and it was warm. I'll try it tonight and let you know how I like it. I'm not a big IPA fan but Stone has a couple that I actually like. We'll see how this one goes down.


[Note: I tried this beer a couple nights later and I was really impressed. I really enjoyed that Stone FML Double IPA. For not being a porter or a stout, it still checked all the boxes for me. It's not grapefruit citrus-y like a lot of IPAs but had just enough other fruit and berry flavor to be refreshing. I liked the body, a little thick but not too. The finish had just enough malt and a touch of bitter. It's an all-around nice beer. I'll keep my eye out for it.]

We have another dress rehearsal tomorrow. Our Gilliey's live stream will be Friday night, please login and watch, heckle, and toss lots of emojis. Saturday we are "taping" our live stream for the Temecula city park concert series to be aired on our scheduled date that was cancelled. That stream we are getting full pay for, nice. For the Gilliey's stream we'll be getting "exposure bucks". Oh boy. But it will be an easy night so we'll give'em one for free just because we like'em. Next weekend we have a real gig, a private party (family reunion), playing in front of real live people. I wonder if I remember how?

It's good to see others posting about their gigs and rehearsals. Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to lots more.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff



No comments:

Post a Comment