Sunday, March 31, 2019

Canyon Cowboy, 3/29/19

Howdy pardners,

On a Friday night the ANB and I had a good time making noise at the Canyon Cowboy near Lake Elsinore. We've played here a few times but tonight we brought back Amanda and her Carrie Underwood tribute show. It was a hit.

My evening started with a jaunt down the 71 freeway. It's not much of a freeway, I don't drive it very often, but it gets me where I'm going along with thousands of other commuters on a Friday evening.


As I made my way down the 15 freeway I think I caught a glimpse of the "superbloom".


There was heavy traffic in spots so I'm glad I allowed time. Here's my gear ready to roll down the ramp to the venue.


I tossed my gear on stage and then gave the others room for their setup dance.


Arnie arrived after Jason, John, and I. You might notice my ABG. We'll be doing a few acoustic numbers during the Carrie Underwood portion of the show this evening.


Our soundguy, Scotty, gets Jason's mix dialed in.


While Scotty finishes wiring the stage I took a picture from his FOH.


This is the other side of the room, from the sound booth.


Here's the view from my mic as we are about to start the CU set.


The staff did move tables and chairs so as to give our fans enough dance room. Here's the lovely Ms. Amanda Kate before we start the show.
 

We had a guest star in the house tonight. Andy Wood and a couple of his band were in town from Knoxville shooting promo videos. They stopped by the club and sat in. Ben Eller is his bassist, a cool cat.


They played a few numbers from Andy's new release. It sounded like "farm jazz" instrumental music.


Then we got back on the stage to earn our keep. Here's Johnny!


Seems like it was ladies' night.



This is Stephanie and Nicole. They didn't mind taking a picture with the bass player. Sorry, I don't know who the photobombers were.


Amanda sang a few more with us hairy-legged boys after the Carrie show.


Here's Scotty, our soundguy, in his natural habitat.


All of a sudden it was time to get out of Dodge. We had to leave our cases and junk out on the back porch because it was too crowded to leave it inside.


And here's a parting shot. Hey, wasn't this where we came in?


It was a pretty fun evening even though I had to wear earplugs all night. Andy Wood's bass player, Ben Eller, was also wearing ear plugs. That little room with low ceilings is just plain loud. Their drummer, Julian Garcia, a local guy, had a little more finesse.

Thanks for looking! I don't think I have another gig until next weekend. Until then, take care.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment