Monday, September 10, 2018

The Ranch, 8/31/18 & 9/1/18

Hello my friends,

We had another fabulous engagement at one of our regular honky tonks. Me and the ANB are playing The Ranch this weekend, a really fabulous upscale performance venue, gourmet eatery, saloon, and dance hall where beautiful people come to line dance. There were a couple of bridal parties and birthdays which added to the festivities.




Let's get started with my commute. Thankfully there was nothing really noteworthy. It was just long since I had to drive from San Bernardino to Anaheim. I chose the right combination of freeways to avoid most of the rush hour congestion (the 210 West, to the 15 South, to the 91 West, to the 57 South). I don't like the 91 but it wasn't bad today.


When I arrived Arnie was running our new rock tunes on his signature custom Strat build.


It's a really tricked out guitar, EMG pickups, special bridge and nut, tremlo bar, and his signature.


Here are our WMDs on stage.


Then it was time for supper. I had a couple of my favorites, the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and Chopped Kale Salad.


I noticed this document in the green room. It's five or six pages of procedures and policies. This is a fairly corporate gig so there are a few rules. I don't mind. They treat us great here.


As I was putting on my stage clothes I noticed the difference in the signage between The Ranch and Buckle and Boots. The signs here are not quite as imaginative.


We had a special guest in the house tonight. You may remember Kellye Huff. I've worked with her a bunch. I managed to talk both lovely ladies into a picture with the old country bass player.


Here's Jason on stage doing his poundy thing. He's off the crutches now but still wears a brace. He can kick drum with his right foot again.


John is still feeling under the weather but manages to have fun this evening. He was talking about going to the emergency room after the gig since his insurance kicks in tonight. I'd better call and see how he's doing.


The DJ booth is on my side of the stage so I leaned around the corner to snag a picture of Leo.


We're about to kick off another set of musical entertainment.

 

It's a long intro so I step out front a little for a picture.


Here's Jason in a better light.


Amanda can sing and drink at the same time. She's quite talented.


Here's a fuzzy picture of John in better light.


And here is some more fun from Saturday night. I hadn't eaten all day so the first thing I did was order the steakburger and a salad.


Then we played the first set. Here's Arnie getting tuned up while the crowd does one more line dance.


On the break we celebrated Arnie's birthday.


It's a little funny, Arnie had miscalculated his birthday. When he did the math he realized his was a year older than he thought he was. Instead of being a year older today he was two years older.


My friend Tammy dropped by tonight with her new boyfriend Ray. Where's Ray? Oh well. 


Then we were on stage again with the lovely Amanda Kate.


Jason was looking sharp in the vest and tie his wife bought. 


Arnie is pointing his Tele at me. I think I'll get out of the way.


This is Lea's bridal party in the house tonight. Lea and all her friends had a great time while the groom and his friends were camping in the woods this weekend.


Just before we start the next set I take a "Beauty and the Beast and the bass player" picture. 


Arnie says, "Wait a minute! That means I'm the beast!" Yes, Arnie, you are a beast.

Randy has finger picks and he ain't afraid to use them.


John is happy he has his iced tea. He drinks enough iced tea to float a battleship. 


This is a tough gig.


Here are a couple of shots from out front. 



Then our weekend came to a close. This is the door at stage left where we load out into the parking lot.


I unplugged my two basses, put them in their cases, and carried them to my trusty Astro van. Then I helped John with all of his gear. We've got a fairly posh gig at Canyon Country Winery tomorrow (Sunday) in the early evening. It looks like the event is sold out. Wow, I guess I'd better play good.



Thanks for letting me share my gigs with you. Until next time, thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

P.S. I made this for Amanda. She got a kick out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment