Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Ranch, 4/25/18

Hi gang,


I picked up an extra gig this week. How about that?

Just a low-key Wednesday night at The Ranch where most Wednesdays they have a more traditional country night and feature bands that are basically auditioning to get in the rotation here. It just so happens that this week the band that was scheduled had to cancel for some reason. The owner called Arnie and asked if we were available. Most of us were so we did the gig. You've all seen me play this gig a zillion times so I just snapped a few pictures to share.

John was there early to set up. Here's the view of his rig, on stage right this time, overlooking the dance floor. It was a pretty light night.


The rigs of a couple of dads, me and Arnie. 


It's the last swing dance just before we start our first set. 


Here's the last line dance before we start our first set. That's Dev right up front, our instructor this evening. 


Here's a band shot just before Heather, the entertainment manager, takes the stage to announce us. 


And here she is! It's Heather! She's going to announce us so we can get this party started. 


Jason checks the dilithium crystals in his warp drive before we engage. 


This is just too much cuteness on stage. Heather and Amanda let me have a picture. 


I think we're into the second set now. I like to watch Amanda dance. 


I guess Arnie likes to watch Amanda dance too. 


OK, we all like to watch Amanda dance while John plays his big hit "Mama Screw Your Wig On Tight". 


We were scheduled for two sets but we got off even earlier than that. The second set was only a half hour. I don't mind getting off earlier than early. But then on the way home it seems like half the time half of the freeway is closed for repair. I guess this is my tax dollars at work. 


I was still home before 11pm. Pretty good for a school night. On Saturday we all get to drive down to El Centro for the Sweet Onion Festival in Imperial CA. I'd better fill up my tank and check my oil.

In the meantime, here's some cell phone video that Heather shared to the Fakebook.





Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment