Saturday, May 12, 2018

Downtown Disney, 5/2/18

Greetings and Felicitations!

It was a very cool and drizzly day so I was a little worried that me and the ANB would not be able to play at The Happiest Place On Earth. But, as usual, the Disney magic kept a mystical umbrella over the park that allowed us to have our fun.

I got to park much closer than I usually do. Notice how big that building is?


I guess we are just about ready to go. The stage is set and we've even got our sign.


You see our sign next to the MxxMaster mains. This company always does a great job for us.


This is Eric mixing out front with his tablet. He was with us here last month along with Chris. A couple of great guys.


Just in case you wanted to see Eric's mixer.


That crowd behind Amanda is from Alberta. They are in the park today having a blast. They are a high school musical group who were invited to perform in the park all week. What a great bunch of kids.


Here's a selfie just before we get started.


Here we are, putting on the show, entertaining the masses, projecting mass quantities of musical prestidigitation.


An added bonus for tonight! Randy is here. We sound like a real country band with a steel guitar.


Jason is having fun playing the intro to "I Feel Like A Woman", about the only song that gives me enough time to grab a few pictures during the first verse where I don't play.


Amanda sings about going out tonight, feeling alright, and having a good time.


The crowd earlier in the evening was smaller but very enthusiastic. We had lots of dancers.


After dark we really start having fun. I play my four string and Arnie photobombs Amanda and me.


It was a cool evening but we served up plenty of hot country music.


Another shot of the beautiful people we had gracing us with their presence. It's always such a happy crowd.


Our stage after dark.


And we're up for the last set. This gig seems to go by quickly.


Just as we finish our last song the fireworks explode overhead.


We are just about done with our tear-down dance. Everyone has a long schlep out to their vehicles.


This is my view as I push my cart toward the security gates to make my exit. I still have a few hundred yards to go to my trusty Astro van.


A good time was had by all. This afternoon we are all heading to the Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernardino for the National Orange Show Citrus Fair. We'll play a couple of sets on a 40'x40' stage that's backlined. And, unlike The Mouse, we are getting fed at the Orange Show. It should be a pretty nice event. Let's hope it turns out as well as we've been told. ;)

Thanks for looking!

M - I - C... See ya real soon!

K - E - Y.... Why? Because we like you!



Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment