Monday, June 15, 2015

The Ranch Saloon 6/12-13/15

Hello friends,

The Ranch is one of the finest nightclubs in the country. We work there about one weekend a month and I always look forward to it. I don't have any load-in or set-up pictures for you because, in addition to the club providing an excellent backline, we were already setup from playing the corporate gig last Monday. All I had to do was walk on stage, pick up my bass, and play. It don't get much easier than that. Friday night started out a little light in the club but the crowd stayed all night and even got bigger as the night progressed. I did OK despite my cold and we all had fun.

Here's my traditional "amp selfie" before we get started. We wore black on Friday night. Saturday night we were a little more colorful.



Andrew, the owner, wasn't there tonight so Vince, one of the managers, announced the band.



Beauty and the beast.



Jeff is excited for the weekend.



I'm not sure why but it looks like Mario is ready to throw in the towel.



Jeff is doing that honky tonk piano thing. I usually take this picture during his intro to "Don't Stop Believing".



Kelly is rocking the crowd.



Kelly and Art photobomb Daniel as he sings "Devil Went Down To Georgia".



Jeff is having fun with his keytar.



I think I surprised Mario.



Here are a few shots courtesy of The Ranch. During the evening the manager, Vince, or the DJ, Leo, will take pictures of the crowd and the band.

The folks sure love their line dancing.



Our friend Megan brought her birthday party tonight.



Kelly is thinking, "My hair is longer than yours."



Daniel plays some tasty licks on his Tele.



Jeff is a two-fisted player.




Art, in one of his more reflective moments.



Kelly is having fun.



This really is a great stage on which to perform. We must be doing "Good Times" because I'm out front playing my bass line. The dancers on the floor are doing the 'Electric Slide'.



Well, Saturday night at The Ranch was a little bit epic. My boss from my day job showed up unannounced. All of a sudden I saw him dancing by and we waved at each other. It was a little weird because I had called in sick Thursday and Friday. Then he shows up at the club on Saturday with his wife and a couple of family members. Everything was cool. He just wanted to take his family out to show them some live music. We had a good time and it was a pleasure meeting his family. His wife and I even did a couple of Fireball shots. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I might have mentioned that The Ranch treats us very well, including a meal on performance nights. Mario enjoyed some fish tacos for supper tonight. I had the steakburger.




Even though my throat was hammered from my cold and singing the night before, I'm ready to put on the show.

 

I literally could barely sing a note and had to throw away a couple of songs tonight and have Kelly sing something instead. But we muddled through.

This is my little corner of the drum riser where I have my set list, water, picks, phone, camera, etc. You also see some tips somebody tossed up on stage and that killer light cannon. You don't want to be looking at that thing when it goes off.



We leave the stage for a break and DJ Leo keeps the dance floor hopping.



Art and Kelly, again, photobomb Daniel as I take a picture during his "Devil Went Down To Georgia".



Unbeknownst to me, Jeff grabs my camera and takes a shot of Kelly and I.



This is my view for a good part of the night.



Here are some more Saturday night pictures courtesy of The Ranch. You can also find these pictures on their Facebook page and their website.

Kelly gettin' down wid it.



Jeff and his keytar.



Kelly and the boys.



The boys and Kelly.



The dance floor and the band.






The band and the dance floor.



And a parting shot. My basses are packed up. The line dancers are still on the floor as long as DJ Leo is spinning records.



Here's our DJ Leo with a few of his friends.



Daniel's wife took this video from the soundbooth on Saturday night. The crowd really has a lot of fun with this song. 



It was a good time this weekend even though my throat hardly worked at all Saturday night. I'll rest it for a week until we have a wedding to play next Saturday. I should be good to go by then, I hope. Until then...


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment