Friday, June 5, 2015

Disneyland Hotel 6/3/15

Hello my friends,

Yes, the KRB had an epic gig last night at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm not supposed to say who the client was but I will tell you that it rhymes with Smoogle.

I was first to arrive after taking off a little early from work. I found the secret entrance. You can tell from the glow around me.






The entrance to the large courtyard between the hotel buildings, where the event was being held, had this ominous sign prominently displayed.



To quote George Carlin, "Better living through chemicals", I suppose.

The crew was still setting up and decorating the tables and getting the buffet organized.





Here you see the FOH and the stage behind. Where the stage is now there used to be fountains.



It was a long, narrow stage but we had plenty of room.



The QSC monitors sounded great and could get VERY loud. We actually had the sound guy turn them down a bit. If you're a musician you know that RARELY ever happens.



For the mains, EAW gear was used. It was pumping!


I didn't get a picture of Thomas, our sound engineer. He worked hard to make us happy and I'd say he succeeded. Thanks Tom!

Daniel and Mario arrive and start setting up. You see Daniel talking to our stage manager, Maddy. She was great and took very good care of us.



Art arrives and everyone seems excited that the art department had shown up with the decorations.



Now that the band is pretty much positioned on stage, Maddy observes the art crew as they place the decorations.



Yes, that's right Mario. The moose is going right behind you and I. He was the hit of the party! Holly did a great job on the moose, we nicknamed him Mortimer the Party Moose, and the art crew did a bang up job with all the decorations.



These three are always cutting up. I told Mario I was jealous because he's always kissing on Art.



This is the FOH board, a Midas 32 channel, and you see Maddy taking care of business on her phone.



There was beer and wine right in front of the stage! But it wasn't for the band. (Sigh!)You also see the antennae for all of our wireless mics. The Mouse uses great gear.



Mortimer the Party Moose is keeping an eye on my rig.



Maddy took us back to our "green room" in the hotel so that we could change and relax before we start.



Since The Mouse doesn't feed us, we all brought snacks. You'll also notice my ego boost, um, energy boost drink there on the table.



We're about to start the show. I don't know what Jeff is worried about. Don't you think he looks a little worried? He's really not.



The rest of the band looks like they are up for a grand old time.



Mortimer the Party Moose and I are ready to have our fun!



The crowd starts to wander in just as we are getting started.



The buffet for the guests included steak, chicken, BBQ beans, rolls, and salad. But again, this was not for the band. (Sigh!)



And the desserts looked mighty tasty. Not for the band. (Drat!)



I think we're about to start our second set. The crowd is really starting to show up!



At the end of our second set, Tom, our sound engineer, takes a picture of the band.



Here is a panoramic shot from my cell phone. Hopefully you can see it all. (You might have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of your screen.)



For some reason I've gotten into the habit of taking a picture from the drum throne. This was Mario's view.



Hey! Guess what? Maddy has a surprise for us. Off we go.



Maddy takes us around the corner to the Tangaroa Terrace and treats us to supper. Wow! This is the first time The Mouse has fed us. Thanks Maddy!



I had an amazing Hawaiian Burger; 1/3 lb. with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, grilled pineapple, and teriyaki sauce. It was delish! And the sweet potato fries were scrumptious.



We got back on stage for our third set and the crowd looks like it is ready to party!



Art, Daniel, and Kelly look like they are ready to party!



Mario looks like he is ready to shoot Mortimer the Party Moose. I don't know why. Mortimer the Party Moose has been a complete gentleman all night.



Yes! Folks are starting to make their way to the dance area.



I think that makes Mario happy. It seems he and Mortimer the Party Moose have worked it out.



And YES! We have achieved line dance! Look out! There's no turning back now!






I think this is the last set. We are really rocking the joint now.



The line dancing gives way to the free-for-all as we start playing our dance and pop songs.



Kelly rocks the house!



Our show ended at 9:30pm. I'm packed up and ready to go but the DJ still has music going. It's still too crowded for me to load out.




Eventually the music stopped and the lights came up. The crowd got the message and we were able to make our getaway. I was home by 11:15pm, which is pretty good for playing a gig on a school night. A good time was had by all.

There were almost 2000 guests in attendance at this corporate event and they really partied! It was also epic because The Mouse bought us dinner tonight. The crew was terrific, everybody treated us like rock stars, and the band had a great time.

I'm off this weekend but we have another private party on Monday evening at The Ranch. Stay tuned. We'll see you next week with a brand new show!

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoy this little glimpse into the world of a weekend warrior musician, a bass player in a cover band. I have suffered for my music and now it's your turn too! (Ha!)


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment