Thursday, June 28, 2018

Downtown Disney, 6/13/18

Hello dear friends,

I'm late with this gig report so let's get right to it. Me and the ANB played DTD last week. Here you have to be sure to get into the correct lane or they will stick a "dummy" placard on your dash and direct you to where you're supposed to be. It happened to me once. Stay to the right to go to Downtown Disney.


I got to park fairly close. I had to schlep my gear only a half mile or so. The stage is past that blue building to the right. 


Coming from work I arrive later than most of the band. Amanda and Randy are with us this evening, but not Candy. 


Sean is mixing for us tonight. We love Sean and his company, MxxMaster Sound. He does great work and all his crews are top notch. 


Gary his helping Sean today. Sean decided to run less wires today and put us all on wireless mics. Look at that rack of antennae. 


This is my view at sound check.


Here I am with my stage clothes on, ready for the show. 



Amanda kicks us off with a Shania song. Tonight she "feels like a woman." 


John hits the horn parts on his keyboard. 


The crowd begins to gather. It was a pleasant evening. 


John wows the audience with his boogie-woogie number, "Mama Screw Your Wig On Tight". There's a long piano intro so I have time to take a few pictures. 


Jason keeps time during the intro. 


Amanda looks cute during the intro. 


Here's a view of the stage during our first break. This is the last time we'll be playing on this stage. Construction is due to start on the new hotel complex at the end of the month. You see that the ESPN Zone is already closed and blocked off. 


The sun has set and we are really starting to get warmed up. More folks are enjoying the music and starting to dance. 


Sean is out in the crowd mixing with his tablet. He's training Gary to be a full fledged sound guy. 


Another crowd shot. We had a few friends in the house that we had to say goodbye to, DTD regulars who always came here to hear us. Hopefully they'll catch us somewhere else.


Here's a nice shot of the Arnie Newman Band in front of the stage. I'm hoping they build another outdoor stage along with the new hotel complex. Live music is really popular in this spot. 


At the end of our last set the fireworks show starts. That's our signal to sing "Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company..." 


We get all packed up and roll out to the parking lot. 


I don't know when the new hotel complex is due to be completed, or if/when/where a new outdoor stage will be built. I'm hoping it will come back bigger and better. This is a fun little gig and I'd hate to see it go away permanently. I will try to find out the plans and keep you informed, just in case you'd like to know. Until then, thanks for coming along and sharing my fun.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment