Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Quartet at CalPoly Pumpkin Festival 10/9/16

Hello Friends!

As I've mentioned, I'm behind a few gig posts. Work has been busy, no time to goof off updating my blog. This fun little festival was about 3 weeks ago this past Sunday. Being at Cal Poly Pomona, this is one of the closest gigs I've ever played with the KRB. I'm usually the one driving the farthest.

After I parked in the lot across the street and the cart came to tote my gear, this was the sight as we neared the stage.


That whole hillside was covered in pumpkins. There are about 10,000 people a day attending the festival. Notice the scissor lift. I'll tell you about that in a little bit.

I arrived early so I got to check out the Americana band playing before us, The Desert Croquet Band, whose bass player got a nice sound with his U-Bass.


They were fun to listen to. The lady on percussion sang some great blues too.


Here's the view from the sound booth. The sound crew had a little trouble with power, over heated amps, and such because of the weather today. We muddled through.


I stowed my gear behind the stage and noticed our hospitality tent.


They had a really nice spread for us. I particularly enjoyed the pumpkin fritata.


On a break I wandered around the spectacle.


There were all kinds of vendor booths.


I love face-in-the-hole pictures. I think I found one that captured my personality.


A couple of crowd shots.



I wanted to climb the hay bale mountain but didn't want to hurt myself.


Here's our view from the stage, in the gazebo area.


We had two scissor lifts on either side of the stage, both loaded up with speakers. I'll bet the whole valley could hear our little quartet.


Here's an amp-selfie before we start a set.


Jeff's looking a little fuzzy, perhaps too much pumpkin pie?


Kelly and Daniel smile for the camera.


It was pretty hot that day but we stayed well-hydrated. We played from 1pm-4pm and then let the stage crew do their thing while we got our gear carted out to the parking lot.


It was a pretty fun day but I didn't get a piece of pie. Drat. Maybe next time. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment