Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Quartet at Toscana Country Club 2/1/16

Greetings!

I'm behind a few gigs again so I'm going to get caught up.

It was a rare Monday night cushy gig out in the Palm Springs area. We played for the party after the ladies' golf tournament at Toscana Country Club. It was a fun party with a great crowd.

Since I've just shown you most of the interesting sights on my last trip out to the area last weekend, I'll just say that it was a beautiful drive out to the desert after the rains the day before.


Here's the front gate to the country club, complete with a guard and a big fence.


The guard said "Straight ahead, take the third right". I got to the third right and still couldn't see the clubhouse. I was a little concerned I had become lost. This was a big place. The marker on the post says "Club Villa".


When they said "Club Villa" they weren't kidding. This is the fountain in the center of the clubhouse villa. It was several buildings with several wings each. We played in that big permanent tent you see behind the fountain.


The valet directed me to this archway to unload into the venue.



I hauled my gear through this delightful courtyard between buildings.


The courtyard overlooked a lovely small lake and a couple of fairways.


I rolled my gear into the party tent.



After unloading my gear I parked and took another picture of the huge circular fountain and part of the villa. Can you say "opulent"?


This fancy tent was well-accoutremented. Here's a shot of the stage after setting up my gear.


And my normal "small" rig.



The crew made the tables look pretty fancy. Everybody got a hat.


Here's my selfie in front of the photo booth. I look like such a roadie.


I took a stroll through the villa to our green room.


I found this poster advertising our gig here at the end of the month. We'll be back with the full band on Feb. 27th.


Our "green room" was actually the employee lounge. There were changing room/locker rooms just down the hall. We had a pleasant time hanging out with the crew.


I had brought some snacks for the gig, dried mangos, nuts, raisins, cranberries, and fig bars. I also brought along some extra aspartame and caffeine.







On the way back to the tent I find this guy wandering around. Mrs. BassCliff thinks this guy needs a haircut.


I think the room looks great. This tent had pretty good acoustics, lots of soft surfaces. Just the opposite of the country club we played last Saturday.


Being as this party was for the ladies, and only ladies in attendance, one of the games was "Pin The Balls On The Cowboy". May I say, "Ouch"?


Here's a glam shot of the quartet just before we get started.


We play dinner music while the ladies have an adult beverage and converse.


Then the band gets in line for supper. They had quite a spread, two different salads, grilled veggies, steak, sea bass, etc.


They even had a baked potato bar with all the fixin's.


We retire to our private dining room...


...and enjoy a scrumptious repast.


Then we are back to play some dance music. Here's Daniel and his fiddle face, shredding away.


I think Jeff is impressed with the clientèle.


Kelly joins me in a fuzzy amp-selfie just before we hit'em hard.


These ladies loved their electric slide.


The ladies thought Kelly was fabulous. What's not to like?


They even got a big conga line going while I sang "Love Train". Fun stuff!


The ladies partied hearty and then let us go home at 9pm.


I was packed up and on the way home by 10pm. I was home and unloaded by midnight which is great for a school night.

The quartet is really getting used to this configuration and will probably do more of these types of gigs. Very nice words were said about the quartet all night long. There's something about playing for a room full of women that is different, in a good way. It was a fun night.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment