Thursday, February 18, 2016

Arnie Newman Band at The Ranch, 2/12-13/16

Hi!

It was another fun-filled weekend at The Ranch playing with my friends in The Arnie Newman Band featuring Kellye Huff. Here's the flyer for the weekend engagement.



 We actually rehearsed earlier in the week. This is what the stage looks like without all the mood lighting.

 
 These were Arnie's WMDs (Weapons of Musical Destruction) for the weekend.

The band always enjoys a nice repast from the restaurant at The Ranch. I had the fish tacos and a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. Others enjoyed the shrimp, buffalo chicken sandwich, spinach salad, etc.


Here's a crummy cell phone pic of the stage just before we go on Friday night.
 

Then we hit the stage. Jason is getting serious.

My amp-selfie with Arnie.


Arnie's rig. Since his wasn't showing off for NAMM week, he left his other two speaker cabs at home.
 

Here's Daniel, also filling in this evening, with Kellye.


This is Kellye's rig. I dig a chick who plays.


Kellye takes an amp-selfie with me.


John is a little over-exposed. Sorry. (It's a good thing he's behind the keyboards.)


Kellye brings out her bar stool to have a seat and get serious about this romantic song, "Valentine".


The crowds this weekend seem to be enjoying themselves.


A real selfie. Beauty and the Beast.


Randy and Daniel on steel and fiddle.


Here are a few action shots from tonight taken by a friend on her cell phone.





Here's some pics from Saturday night. I started with some fish tacos and a grilled chicken spinach salad. As you can tell, we musicians like to eat.


This is Arnie with his 1951 Tele Esquire. Arnie's dad bought this guitar when his dad was 17 years old. Arnie borrowed it and promises to give it back one day. It's been appraised at $40K. It's all original but has been re-fretted a couple of times.


Arnie joins me in an amp-selfie just before we begin the night.
 

John surveys the crowd.


Randy is having fun tonight.


Jason is wondering why his voice decided to go away tonight. He managed to squeak out a few of his big hits and played his tukus off. What a tooper!


 Kellye joins me later with an amp-selfie. I didn't notice the photobomb until I got home.


Kelly photobombs Daniel during "Devil".


Here's my parting shot. I wish I could take that cab with me but it belongs in the backline.
 

And just a few shots from The Ranch staff.



That's the owner sitting in with the band.


Here's a view from the sound booth. We had a terrific weekend.





I'll be back at The Ranch two more weekends in a row, one with The Kelly Rae Band an the following Friday again with The Arnie Newman Band. I just can't get enough of this place. It really is a fabulous venue in which to perform. Until next time, thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment