Monday, October 19, 2015

The Ranch, 10/2-3/15

Hi guys!

I'd had too much caffeine today so I as well get caught up with my gig reports. Here we're performing our monthly weekend at The Ranch, a really fabulous venue.

As usual, my boss lets me take off from work a little early, providing I put in for a couple of hours vacation time, so I can load in for sound check. It looks like we come out of the light to get on stage.



My good friend Ian loaned me one of his standup basses so I immediately brought it to my gig and started playing it, badly, but you gotta start somewhere. Right?


I think I'm going to buy a preamp for it, some kind of active EQ pedal, so I don't have to turn up the amp so loud. It sounds good for an inexpensive bass, just not enough umph.

Being October, The Ranch made sure we had some special company on stage.


The doors are just opening as we leave the stage after sound check.


We retire to the green room to have supper and watch the Angels win their game. I keep telling Art, "Move back away from the TV or you're going to go blind."


I brought some snacks tonight and someone else provided the reading material. Daniel says he only reads it for the pictures.


Daniel is having the fish tacos tonight. I enjoy my salad.


Then my steakburger arrives, just the way I like it.


It's time to don our jobbing attire. Daniel is trying to decide which of our outfits to wear.


This is my first amp-selfie with my new toy.


Kelly sings one of my favorite songs, "Girl Crush".


It seems Mario is missing his cowbell.


Heather, our Entertainment Project Manager, took a couple of cellphone pictures of me in action with the standup.


Kelly joins us. 


Here is Heather. She takes good care of us.


Kelly joins me in an amp-selfie before we start the third set.


Art says Daniel has a great smile. Daniel says Art has a great smile.


After we perform a song with me on the standup, Kelly grabs my camera and snaps a photo.


One of my buddies on the security team, Jerry, is making sure our guest on stage is behaving himself.


Here's another shot of the band from Heather. 


The dance floor stayed pretty full most of the night. I heard that this was a really good Friday night, better than they've had in a while.





It's near closing time on a Friday and the line dancers are still on the floor.


I also took a little video of us running over a song in the green room. It's rough but you get the idea.

 

Just before we started Saturday night, this was a special dance by a wedding party that had occurred upstairs and moved downstairs for the reception.



Then Vince announces the band so we can start having our fun.


It was a fun Saturday night.


My boss (day job) came out tonight with his wife and a few of their family members and friends. They had a great time.


I think this was just before the third set Saturday night. I don't know why Mario seems worried. Everything went great!


Art and Daniel have fresh breath on stage!


It's getting late in the evening but the line dancers are still having their fun!


The DJ Leo and other staff at The Ranch take pictures throughout the weekend. Here are some of those photographs.

The camera sure does love Kelly. 


 The bass player? Not so much.


The band keeps the dance floor full.


We all step out front at one point in the show. Some of us are more out front than others. 


Art is having fun while Daniel is working. 


No, it's not a mosh pit. Half the crowd is line dancing, half are freestyling. 


Jeff is in the zone. 


Just checking. Yes, the camera still loves Kelly. 


It seems the camera likes Daniel pretty good. 


Everybody is having a good time during "Good Times". 


The Kelly Rae Band rocks the stage. 


Check the website for our schedule. We'll be back at The Ranch soon.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment