Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Ranch Saloon 7/10-11/15

Hi,

We were back at The Ranch again. We play here about one weekend a month and look forward to it. It is an outstanding venue and they treat us so well. They treat us like real people, not musicians! This is the view when I pull into the parking lot. The Ranch is on the bottom floor of the Extron building.



This door loads right onto the stage, very convenient, next to the smoking patio.



I was the first to arrive tonight. It scared me a little. I thought, "Wait, are we playing here this weekend?" But the stage was all set up for us so I figured I was OK.



The sound man here, Mark, is great. When I walk in everything is ready to go. I barely even have to adjust the height on my microphone stand. He's that good, and that caring.

I brought a lot of toys tonight since we had an internet audience. Plus, the Ampeg head was back tonight! Woo hoo!



Here you see the sound man, Mark, helping Art and Daniel get set up. They bring their own rigs. I use the house backline.



Gina is our server this evening. She brought us our supper in the green room. She is our favorite server. We all love her. It looks like tonight will be a night for photobombs.



This weekend we are having buffalo chicken sandwiches, fish tacos, and green salad. The food here is great.



The gang enjoys having a meal together.






Since The Ranch is streaming now, they've put up a couple of screens in the club too. In case you get tired of looking at the band directly you can also see them on TV.



Mario is ready to put on the show!



See, I told you it was photobomb night. Kelly photobombs Art.



Daniel checks his phone while Jeff walks on stage with his key-tar.




Vince, one of the managers, and I take a quick picture before he announces the band.



Kelly and Jeff are ready to put on the show.



I'm ready to put on the show as soon as the smoke clears. (Cough! Cough!)



That smoke machine is always nailing me. Here we go. That's better. It's my traditional "amp-selfie".



On a break, Mario and I have a shot of Fireball. Trey, the bartender, photobombs the picture he's taking of us.



The crowd was jumping on a Friday night.



We celebrated Jeff's birthday tonight. This is a big card that Kelly's daughters made for him, complete with some gift cards.



I also gave Jeff a little birthday gift too, Kelly brought cake, and we all sang 'Happy Birthday' in the green room on the break. It was a fun evening. AND we'll be back for more tomorrow (Saturday) night!

Here's one picture of us that the club put up on their Facebook page.



The club also had a professional photographer there tonight taking promotional pictures for the venue. I hope we'll get to use those photos too.

Here's another from Friday night taken by Heather, our new entertainment coordinator at The Ranch.






Here are a few more pictures from Friday night taken by Leo, the DJ.



Why do these ladies always dance in front of me? I guess I shouldn't complain.



Here's Jeff singing and playing and sounding good. 



The crowd really likes to rock their line dance!



Kelly puts on the show!



I think they really like us! You might've noticed, halfway through the night we had a costume change. Kelly wanted pictures in a couple of different outfits. She tries to make us look good. It's hard.



Sure, Kelly, Daniel, and Art goof off while I'm on the other side of the stage singing my heart out.



Just another shot of the patrons having fun.



Art and Daniel step out front to show off a bit.



Here are some pictures from Saturday night. Saturday night was a blast, even more fun than Friday.

Art and Daniel couldn't decide who was the fairest of them all.






The young and handsome Mario grabbed my camera and took a selfie.




The big old ugly bass player takes an "amp-selfie".



Mario took a picture of Jeff and I just before we were engulfed by a rift in the space-time continuum.



Our friend Steve, who used to manage The Ranch, was here tonight having fun. His fans say "URA 10" and "You should be on Dancing With The Stars".






Andrew didn't sing with us tonight but introduced the band.






Kelly likes being up on the drum riser, putting on her show.



On a break we run into a couple of friends, Todd and Laura.




Jeff kicks off "Don't Stop Believing". The crowd goes wild!



Kelly not only sings better than Steve Perry, she's much cuter too.



At the end of the night, while the band packs up, the DJ keeps the dancers on the floor until closing time.



It was an epic weekend, we had our fun, we had a good meal, we made our noise, we moved some gear. It's not bad being a musician sometimes. We'll be back at The Ranch again the last weekend of August, the 28th and 29th. In the mean time we have quite a few concerts in the park coming up around Orange County. If you see me around, please stop by and say "Howdy!"

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff





No comments:

Post a Comment