Saturday, May 23, 2015

Brea Bonanza Days Country Music Festival 5/17/15

Hello friends,

As I might have mentioned, last weekend was pretty dang busy. I'm just now getting around to telling you about our last gig that weekend. Anyway, I burned through a whole tank of gas in my Astro van. Our Sunday evening gig was for the First Annual Brea Bonanza Days Country Music Festival.

Birch street was blocked off at Brea Blvd. but we got to park right behind the stage. Very convenient.






The stage was in front of the downtown Edwards Theater and faced west down Birch street.



Art and Jeff were already here when I arrived.



It was a good sized stage, lights and sound done by a very professional crew.



Here's the view from my mic before we started our sound check.



That's Jeremy under the FOH eazy-up.

Later you will see that I really do do my own stunts.



Since we were playing outside, Art brought is larger, prettier amp.



Mario is talking about the migratory habits of egret with the sound crew, Jeremy and Peter.



Daniel arrives in a good mood.



I wasn't going to touch any of this stuff. It was quite a production.




This is the VIP area. You were a VIP if you didn't mind paying $25 for "preferred" seating.




The FOH console. Jeremy was great at running the sound.



Do these folks look like they are ready to sound check, or what?



Jeff is thinking about sound checking.




We are all set up and sound checked. I kind of like that sub placement.



The boys relax in our hospitality tent behind the stage. It was a very pleasant evening for a show.



I found my sign again.




Ahh! Supper arrives. We got catered Italian from the local Buca. Chicken Alfredo, salad, cookies, brownies, beer, wine, and water.



We've got folks dancing to the house music before we start our first set.



Amp-selfie just before the band is announced.



I think Mario is offering up a little prayer for strength. He also played in church this morning. It's been an extra long weekend for him.



Art and Daniel are like brothers in strings, always ready to pluck and strum.




And the show is on! I gave my camera to Jack (You remember Jack? Kelly's husband.) to take a few shots of the show.



I started with my LB76 but also used my JBS for a portion of the show. (No, the name of the band is NOT "destination maternity".)



The worship leader at my church brought his whole family out to hear us play. This is a wide angle shot he took of the happenings.




Kelly is having fun. She loves being on a big stage in front of a lot of people.



I think Art kind of likes it too!



Jeff was really on his game all evening. We had fun.



I wonder if Mario ever gets tired of looking at my backside. Maybe he's looking at Kelly's.






Don't try this at home kids! I'm a trained professional. I stepped out on the subs during my bass riff on "Good Times". So did Kelly. She's a professional too.



We had a really good crowd to start the second set.



This was our announcer, the weatherman from local LA channel 5, Henry DiCarlo.






Kelly and I are a little tired but ready to start the show!



Jeff wails the intro for "Don't Stop Believing".



Kelly sings to the crowd.



I think we're on our second encore now. I'm ready to go home.




Here's the drummer's perspective.



At last our busy weekend is done. We get to pack up and head for the house.



Us musicians had it easy. The stage crew had all kinds of stuff to tear down.





It was a totally fun gig. I'm hoping they'll have us back next year.

I took video for this gig. This is a fun song, Miranda Lambert's new release "Little Red Wagon" which is actually a cover of an Audra Mae tune.

 







 Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment