Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Downtown Disney, 3/4/2020

Hey there Mouseketeers!

It was a pleasant evening here at the Happiest Place On Earth, where are the mice are strong, all the ducks are good looking, and all the dogs are above average. The Country Club Band featuring Amanda Kate played on the main stage at Downtown Disney, almost four whole sets. More on that later. We played a variety of our covers, some Carrie Underwood songs, and Amanda's originals.

I drive by the new Star Wars attraction every time we play here. It's looks exciting. I can't wait to experience it.


John and I keep in almost constant communication to and from the gig. That way we can coordinate our arrival time and place so I can help him load his gear. We parked at the north lot again because it's a bit closer to the stage. I loaded up John's cart just as Seth walked up. Seth was able to roll John's cart into the district. I'm about to roll in mine. The security checkpoint is there at those pop-up tents.


Entering DTD from this direction we get a cheerful sign to walk under, after we pass through security, unload, unpack, inspect, repack, and reload our gear. 


I'm thinking next time I'll bring one bass and my earbuds. That's it. I don't really need an amp here. That way it would take me a lot less time to get through security.

I rolled my cart up to the stage and immediately headed off to the little bass player's room. The band is pretty much set up and it take me only about 10 minutes to get settled. Jed and his son Seth are running the PA tonight. Jed is not on stage with us, he's running FOH all night tonight. 


Jed's wife Claire joins us this evening to share in the fun. We like having Claire here to help with the vocals on the Carrie Underwood tunes and Amanda's original material. 


On with the show! 


We had a pretty good crowd this evening despite the "chilly" weather. They came and went.


Johnny Magic Fingers plays an intro for Amanda while Arnie looks on in amazement. John sound just like a piano sometimes. 


Tonight Jason's shirt almost matches his kit. It's a good look. 


Before we start the next song Arnie adjusts his tuning while Amanda adjusts her hair. We like to sound good and look good. 


This is my new normal, Kiesel PB5, Carvin LB76, GK MB500, Carvin RL210. Oh, that tuner pedal is new too. Claire's IEM console is next to my amp. No, I have no pedal board, just a tuner. 


Daniel is with us on the fiddle tonight. On a break he and John shoot the breeze. 


We're just about to start the third set now. Here's the talent with the bass player. 


Just before we started the third set we lost all power to the stage, lights and everything. We had to call our district manager to get some maintenance. Daniel called Mrs. Daniel to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. "Sugar zero, sugar zero."


While we waited for an electrician I took a picture of our dark stage. 


Here's our sign next to our completely silent PA system. 


The power was redistributed and we started the show again. Our third set was cut in half. 


Toward the end of the last set Arnie started playing an intro for me. I picked up my phone so I could take a picture of him doing his thing. All of a sudden he started changing keys. Amanda got a kick out of that. See that look on Arnie's face? He can be a stinker sometimes. 


We had our fun! There were no fireworks again tonight. Awwww, shucks. I helped Johnny load his cart then I dragged them both out to where we were parked so I could help him load his car. John should be good to go by next weekend. 


The show went well. We had a few regulars in the audience. I'm still reading charts for a few of Amanda's originals that I haven't memorized yet. I'm trying to decide what I can forget so that I can put a few new tunes in my brain.

This coming weekend we'll be at The Ranch. Feel free to tune into the LIVE FEED starting at 8pm here on the Left Coast. The owner will probably start the night and sit in for three or four tunes. Then Amanda should sing "Ace In The Hole", a George Strait song, to get us started. I like that tune, it sorta swings.

Fun stuff! Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment