Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Knott's Berry Farm, 6/15/19

Hello everyone!

We've got eight or ten Saturdays through the summer on the Calico Stage. But I'll tell you about last Saturday since it was a little different. I always forget that the freeways are just as busy on Saturdays as they are during the week. But I had left just enough time for me to arrive punctually.


When I rolled across the street from employee parking I had to wait for the train. 


The Suffragettes will be on the big stage tonight playing set times opposite to ours. 


Again we soundcheck staring into the sunset. The sun will be down by the time we start. 


The lovely Crystal joined us tonight. I don't know why Amanda wasn't here but the crowd loves Crystal and all of her old school country songs. 


Ian is clapping along to the intro to the next song. We got most of the crowd involved. 


It was a pleasant night and the crowd was enthusiastic. 


Here's another shot of our stage after the first set. My backline amp broke. The lights were on but nobody was home. So I asked the crew to let me have a DI box and put me in the monitors. It sounded fine and worked great. 


In fact, I could hear myself a lot better than last night's gig in the barn. Jason's backline kit here is not tuned to be loud and he's farther away. It's very comfortable playing on this stage. I can hear everything without it being too loud. On the break Ian and I walked over to listen to The Suffragettes for a while. They were really fun. 



Let's get a closer look. 


On our last set the lovely Ms. Crystal takes a selfie with the old country bass player. 


We played our three sets and then it was time to get out of Calico until next Saturday. 


The park is closing and is pretty peaceful here, very colorful. 


We've got several more gigs here this summer. I hope you don't get bored with it. I'll try to be amusing. This is an amusement park after all. Hey, thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment