Sunday, April 28, 2019

Downtown Disney, 4/24/19

Hey all you Mouseketeers!

The last time we played here we got rained out on the third song. Not this time! The weather was 'pert near perfect. I always have to leave work just a little early to hit the freeway headed down to Orange County, home to Mickey Mouse, the Anaheim Angles, the Mighty Ducks, and an assortment of nuts and flakes.


As I drove down Disneyland Way to the employee parking I was able to catch the tail end of the monorail as it passed over.


I've set a new record for the closest I've ever parked far away. I'm in the first space above all the carpool parking in the Simba lot. Yay me! I still have to go a couple hundred yards to the west of that tall Christmas tree you see to the right of the blue building.


I'm usually the last of us hairy-legged boys to arrive and the gang is in full setup gyrations. Arnie, as usual, hires MxxMaster Sound to do the heavy lifting for us. That's Robbie getting Jason's kit mic'd up.


You remember Sean, owner of the company. He runs at least eight crews on the weekend doing sound all over the area. I think Johnny's keys are all wired up. I see Arnie brought his heavy-duty deluxe guitar stand.


The star of the show arrives right on time. Ms. Crystal will be doing most of our Downtown Disney dates. That's cool. We love Crystal.


She's so nice she even lets the old country bass player have a selfie.


Crystal has worked hard to learn all of Amanda's tunes. She makes it easy to work with her and the crowd eats her up.


That's one of our main fans, Blair, right there up front. She always comes to see the bands here at DTD.


And we have the first two-steppers of the evening. I didn't have a chance to photograph the group of line dancers, but we had plenty.


Johnny Magic Fingers tickles the ivory, all four rows of them.


I told Jason he played well tonight. He didn't hurt me. I really appreciated that.


More dancers! We're having fun now! Most of the crowd was a 'stroll by' crowd. They would hang around for a few songs and then, since they were tired from being in the park all day, would make their way to their rooms to eat and sleep. I don't blame them.


The sun has gone down. Here's a shot of the stage at night. It looks the same as the stage during the day, only darker.


The Rainforest Cafe will probably never open again. Mickey just parks the asian fusion food truck in front of it and calls it good.


It's our last set. We usually play until the fireworks start but there was no fireworks show tonight. So, it's 9:45 and we pull the plug.


Crystal geeks the camera. She's kind of a silly girl. Crystal was having fun because her husband, her parents, and a couple of friends came out tonight to hear her perform. She done good.


At 9:45 we called it a a night. I'm so glad I can haul all my gear out on my handy dandy Rock-n-Roller cart in a single load. We leave the PA to the professionals.


Before I leave the stage area I grab a selfie with our sign and my stylin' sunglasses.


As I roll on out to my trusty Astro van I notice another sign. Hmmm. Maybe if I can get my reefer friends hired on here I could make some extra scratch. Oh wait, let me check my spelling.


And that was our evening at the Happiest Place On Earth. Tomorrow John and I will be driving up to Hanford, outside of Visalia, north of Bakersfield, to headline at their annual Night In The Country - Country Music Festival event. I should brush up on a few tunes so that I sound like I know what I'm doing. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment