Friday, February 22, 2019

The Ranch, 2/15-16/2019

Hello ladies and gentlemen, friends and neighbors, boys and girls, sisters and brothers, in-laws and outlaws,

Following our noteworthy debut of the Carrie Underwood tribute show, me and the ANB are having our regular weekend engagement at The Ranch Saloon. Friday night was pretty light, especially compared to our Wednesday night show. Heather told us that Saturday night was sold out. I said, "Great! It'll be like a Wednesday night in here!" It got a laugh.

Since I had the day off work I left my humble abode that evening in the midst of a little rainstorm to make my way back down to the venue.


When I arrived to the green room I found Arnie practicing for his solo guitar gigs he has coming up. He's great with the Chet Atkins picking stuff.


Tonight I decided to have some chicken tenders and a green salad. It was a tasty, light supper. I tend not to eat all my fries but Jason doesn't let them go to waste.


Our lovely Entertainment Manager, Heather, will be announcing us onstage tonight since the owner is away. Andrew will be back tonight to sing a few with us.


Here's Heather, Amanda, Randy, and Daniel just before downbeat.


Bam Bam counts us off and we're into the show.


On the break I wander up to the bar for a cold one. You can tell it's a light Friday night. We ended up getting off a half hour early. I'm not complaining.


Before we start the next set the lovely Ms. Amanda Kate and the old country bass player take a selfie.


We did a couple of the new Carrie Underwood songs tonight along with Amanda's song, "The Package", hence the acoustic guitar.


Saturday night at The Ranch was quite fun, a big crowd, lots of friends, and plenty of spontaneous synchronized otoacoustic emissions from the stage.

The weather had cleared and the traffic was fairly light for my freeway jaunt down to The Ranch.


I hadn't eaten today so I was hungry when I arrived. I helped myself to the steakburger and a salad. It hit the spot.


As we take the stage I notice the room is pretty full and the DJ had the dancers warmed up for us. Do I see someone special in the crowd?


Before we hit I took a few pictures of the band. Here's Magic Fingers Johnny and me at stage left.


Jason points his stick at his favorite bass player on stage tonight.


The lovely Ms. Amanda Kate puts up with her bass player in such a nice manner.


The guitar man himself, Arnie looks serious for a moment.


For our acoustic numbers, Arnie brought his little AER amp. He actually brings a couple of acoustics when we do the Carrie Underwood material. One is in drop-C tuning.


Yes! There is someone special in the audience tonight. Johnathan, who plays in a Journey tribute band, and his lovely wife are sitting right next to the sound booth. That's pretty much the best place in the room to hear the band. I'm glad you guys were able to join us Johnathan!


Toni and her crew, Sonia, Jen, and Amy were also in the house tonight. 



Our friend Monique was in town from Nashville and joined us on stage. Jason and Monique worked together for years back in the day.


This is Monique's friend, Gabby. We had a good time getting caught up. Monique had moved to the Bay area and then to Nashville. She's been gone for a few years.


Monique got up on stage and just slayed "Broken Wing" (Martina McBride). Monique has a very soulful voice.


We played our four sets. The crowd is starting to thin but they still want to line dance. DJ Leo plays all the requests.


While Johnny is packing up all his gear I put three basses into three cases and walk off the stage.


I did come back and help John with some of his gear. That's a lot of stuff for an old man to lug around. That's why I try not to lug around a lot of stuff. I'm an old man too.

Weekends at The Ranch are always fun. It's our home base, our showcase, our paid rehearsal, a place to stretch out and do a few non-country songs because the crowd there pretty much likes it all.

Thanks to you all who share your gigs too. Thanks for looking at mine. I'll be back in the next post with some social media pictures, just for fun.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 



No comments:

Post a Comment