Thursday, December 13, 2018

Downtown Disney, 11/28/18

Hello dear friends and neighbors,

The ANB and I (see, I can use proper grammar) played once again at the Happiest Place On Earth on the Downtown Disney District stage. A rainstorm was moving into the area but there always seems to be a magic umbrella over Disneyland so I'm not too worried about playing this outdoor gig.


We begin our adventure with a trek down the 57 freeway. I see ominous clouds covering the setting sun. But still, I'm not worried.


It's fairly overcast as I unload in the employee parking lot to roll into the Downtown Disney District. Still not worried.


It looks like I'm the last to arrive. I tossed my rig on stage and stowed my gear while the sound crew and the band are making final tweaks and checking the set list.


That's our friend Sean, owner of MxxMaster Sound, and his helper Chris getting us dialed in during our quick sound check. Sean has the setting saved from last time so there is not much tweaking to do.


Sound check is completed. Arnie checks his tuning as we are just about to begin. The clouds are threatening and we actually felt a couple of drops. But I'm not worried at all.



Amanda pulls up her lyrics on her iPad as Jason counts us off.


Oh, wait. I guess Jason hasn't counted us off yet. We're waiting for the house music to stop. It's timed according to our set times.


While we're waiting, here's Randy and his single neck Fender pedal steel guitar. He brought his small rig since it's such a long schlep from the parking lot to this stage.


The Beauty and the bass player. Amanda is very kind to this old bass player.


OK! Let's get this show on the road! Amanda sings one of her sassy girl songs.


"Get in the action, feel the attraction, combing my hair, doing a dare, oh, oh, oh!"


Johnny really impressed the crowd tonight with his boogie woogie number. His fingers never left his hands.


Jason keeps time on the rim while Johnny plays the first couple of choruses by himself.


Amanda and I danced on stage tonight. It was spontaneous choreography.


On a break, "Here's your sign."


Then we're back on stage with the show. Amanda sings a tender love ballad... "Well your therapist says It was all a mistake, a product of the prozac and your co-dependent ways. So, who's your enabler these days? My give a damn's busted."


We had a pretty good crowd in the cool weather, a few dancers.


Arnie says, "Here's the lovely Ms. Amanda Kate to sing another sassy girl song for you all."


Guess what? The rain stayed away so we were able to play all four shows. We played up until 9:40 and then the fireworks started at 9:45. I packed up my gear and took a picture of it next to the lovely poinsettias.


It's a busy week for us. We had a paid rehearsal Tuesday night, DTD on Wednesday night, then we will be at The Ranch this Friday and Saturday night. Plus we are shooting promo video Saturday afternoon. Don't forget, when we're at The Ranch you can catch the live stream of us starting at 8pm West Coast time.... Live Stream THE RANCH Saloon . Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment