Monday, April 16, 2018

Downtown Disney, 4/11/18

Hello my friends,

I started off the week with a rehearsal at The Ranch. The owner likes to sit in with me and the ANB on the weekends so he pays us to rehearse with him. He feeds us supper too. Andrew will run through a half dozen or so songs and then leave us to rehearse our tunes the rest of the evening. Here Andrew and Arnie are working out an arrangement.


Then I took a picture of Amanda taking a picture of the band. You see Candy on fiddle, our new acquisition, and Crystal, who will be sitting in for Amanda on Saturday.


Here's a little video of Candy and the lads working on one of her tunes.


Then the next day we were at the Downtown Disney District. The band's been there about once a month lately. It's due to go under construction soon. I hope there will be another outdoor performance area in the new hotel complex. Here's my gear pulled up to the stage ready to set up.


This is our sound crew, Chris and Eric (FOH). They work with Sean at MxxMaster Sound.


They had the usual QSC speakers/monitors and this Soundcraft mixer.


John and Jason get set up.


Arnie gets set up.


Candy arrives and, after she gets set up, takes a selfie with me.


Amanda arrived just in time after her family appointments. She actually forgot we were playing here tonight. I'm glad she worked it out.


John is happy to see Amanda.


Jason is ready to count us off.


I just wanted to take a picture of the monorail as it passed by in front of us.


 It was a pleasant evening and we had good crowds.



Here's the stage after dark.


 This is Candy's little rig, very compact and sounds great.
 

Amanda gives me a smile as Arnie entertains the masses.



As we play the last song of the fourth set we hear the fireworks show start. That's our cue to be done.


Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company, and strike the stage. See you real soon!


Then I take my Rock-n-Roller cart full of gear, roll it out to the employee parking lot, load it up, and head home. 


 Just another night at the happiest place on earth. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment