Tuesday, March 27, 2018

LBF Girls' Night Out, 3/22/18

Hey guys!

Tonight I played at a special function at my church, the Life Bible Fellowship Church Girls' Night Out. There was food, line dancing, games, prizes, a speaker, and lots of fellowship.

Since they wanted a country theme to this event I was asked to assist in the music. There was not a lot to setup since we have a clean stage and IEMs.


The room is all set up for the festivities. Here's the view from my mic before the doors open. Most of the band is hanging out at the sound booth.


Here's the stage view from the "dance floor". We are having this event in the worship center, we used to call it the "sanctuary" when I was a kid.


Of course, what's a country hoedown without some hay bales?


OK! The doors are open right as we finish sound check.


This is Carter, our drummer for the evening, in the fish bowl.
 

Yours truly taking a selfie in front of the crowd. It was a lively bunch of church ladies.


That's Audrey on the left and Shawn on the right. Audrey used to work often with a local cover band called The Silverados. Audrey returned a few months ago after traveling the world for a year doing a show on a cruise ship. Shawn used to be on the worship staff here before he got a position at another church.


This is Jeff in the ball cap. He is the current youth pastor. He used to be the worship pastor. Before that he was the youth pastor. Now he leads worship for the youth services.


OK, now we're getting serious. We're playing some music for the line dance instructors.


The ladies learned three line dances tonight. They were having a blast.


They learned the Electric Slide, the Black Velvet, and the Watermelon Crawl.


In between lessons I snap another picture of Carter in the fish bowl. Carter is Jeff's son. He also plays guitar, sings, and leads youth worship.


Shawn (or is it Sean?) made us some really great charts for about half of these tunes. It's a good thing because I didn't know some of them. This really cut down on the learning curve.


I snap a picture (Does anybody really "snap" a picture any more with their cell phone?) of Jeff, Audrey, and Sean as another line dance is being taught.


Audrey returns the favor and takes a picture of Jeff and I.


Tonight Audrey sang Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, and we did a duet on "Life Is A Highway".


After the dance lessons we played another half hour or so to let the ladies dance some more and have some supper. Then we got to have supper. The men actually cooked for the ladies this evening. We had tri-tip and swordfish, green salad and potato salad. It was really, really good.


I put my bass in the case and walked out after getting my fill. Jeff was on stage giving away raffle prizes.


Mrs. BassCliff was in the audience and said we did a wonderful job. (I think she may be a little biased.) It was really fun. I'm a volunteer on the worship team at my church but we each received a couple of gift cards along with a nice meal. It was a good night.

From church to honky tonks, that's me. I'll be at The Ranch Friday and Saturday nights with Arnie and the gang. Thanks for looking. I'll be back with more.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment