Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Ranch, 1/15-16/16


Hello my friends!

It was another enjoyable weekend at The Ranch. Thanks to you who tuned in over the interweb at http://www.theranch.com/live. It was good to hear from you, Steve, and Kyle.

Friday night started off kind of slow but picked up. Saturday was outstanding. These were my weapons of mass destruction for the weekend.


The basses are mine. The rig is part of the club's back line. (Sweet!)

Nowadays, after our soundcheck on Friday afternoon we get to fill out these forms for our supper. We used to put our order in much earlier in the week.




The food at this venue is top notch, gourmet stuff. Friday I had the grilled chicken sandwich and a Ceasar salad.


That's Art pilfering one of my French fries. I don't mind. It's just sort of a given that Art has to sample everyone's fries so that we don't get a bad batch. Saturday night I had the Caesar salad, with grilled chicken breast, and fried pickles. Man! The fried pickles here are great!

After supper we hung out in the green room watching reruns of Saturday Night Live or one of the football games.


Here's my amp-selfie. We're just about ready to get Friday night started.




Our lovely Heather announced the band tonight. She and Kelly join me for a photo op.


Jeff is getting kind of scruffy looking behind his keyboards. (Sure, I'm one to talk.) I guess you could say he's a ruggedly handsome guy.


The dance floor fills up when we play "Don't Stop Believing".


Kelly and Daniel are having a good time.


The line dancers just rule the floor sometimes.


Somehow Kelly always knows when a camera is about to take her picture. How else can she take such great photos?


Jeff mans the keyboards and performes vocal chores.


And then there's this dork. (Does he need a hair cut?)


Daniel is always the pro. People love to hear him play his fiddle.


Art knows there's a camera on him, but just doesn't quite pull it off like Kelly can.


More line dance!




Hey! It's our acoustic-y part of the set!


Jeff and I are trying to remember an old song that Kelly called.


This is from Saturday night. That dang smoke machine always goes off at inopportune moments.




Darn near ruined my 'amp-selfie'.

Heather announced the band again tonight. Here she is with Kelly, Art, and Daniel. Heather is just shredding it!


I think Mario is wondering why the set list is the same for both Friday and Saturday.




Later Kelly gets an amp-selfie with me.




To my surprise, my boss showed up to celebrate his birthday. He celebrated with six women! I was impressed.




Here I am at the end of the night, ready to get the flock out of Dodge.



It was a swimmingly fun weekend. We had worked a few new songs into the set list. I didn't take any video but here are a few from last month, and earlier, that I finally got around to editing. Here's a compilation of "Copperhead Road" (Steve Earle), "Traveller" (Chris Stapleton), and "American Beautiful" (The Henningsens).


Here's one of my favorite songs in our set list, "Home Sweet Home" (The Farm).




How about some old pop and classic rock? We cover all kinds of stuff. This is "I Want You Back" (Michael Jackson) and "I Want You To Want Me" (Cheap Trick).






Thanks for looking. Please feel free to check the website so that you can catch us either at The Ranch or during one of our summer concerts in Orange County and surrounding areas. Click http://www.kellyraeband.com/




Thank you for your indulgence,


BassCliff

No comments:

Post a Comment