Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Ranch, 2/24/18

Hello brothers and sisters!

I'm getting this gig report started before the actual gig because we actually started on Tuesday night at our (paid) rehearsal. Here you see the club owner rehearsing with the band. He likes to sit in and sing a few so he pays us to rehearse with him. You also see the ANB's new singer, Amanda. She's going to work out just fine.


Ha! It looks like Randy and Austin are bored silly. Arnie is pretending to be interested. (j/k)

Here's Arnie and Amanda. I apologize to Amanda for posting this picture of her without makeup. She's a downright lovely lass and a great singer.


And of course, what would a gig at The Ranch be with a food pic? I enjoyed the buffalo chicken sandwich and chopped kale salad.


This week we are performing at The Ranch Wednesday night and Saturday night. Someone bought out The Ranch on a Friday night for a private party. That must be some kind of party!

I took a few pictures at our Wednesday night performance at The Ranch. I did use that marvelous bass rig, but not very much. Since we rehearsed and sound checked last night we all get to "plug and play".


We all had our supper before the show. I enjoyed the steakburger and a tasty beet salad.


I also own one of these amps (not the 412 cab, mine is a 410) but this is the backline at The Ranch. You see my wireless IEM pack and the settings I use on this amp. Everything is pretty flat and the volume settings are LOW, just enough to let Arnie and John hear me a little bit on stage. Otherwise I rely on my IEM.


I like to call this photo "Beauty and the Beast, and the bass player". Amanda and Arnie join me in a selfie before we start the first set.


Jason makes sure his drums make noise before we start.


John is ready to tickle the ivories in what he calls his "Wal-Mart cowboy shirt". It's a Wednesday. We're a bit casual.


The entertainment manager, Heather, joins us on stage to pass along some announcements and introduce the band. Austin is over there on acoustic and Randy takes his seat at the steel.


I haven't quite figured out where I can take pictures during the show. There aren't a lot of long intros without bass. But here's a picture Heather took of the lineup while we were on break in the green room.


For more pictures of the evening, hit this link for The Ranch's Gallery Page

We had Friday night off due to the private party buyout of the club but the ANB was back on Saturday for lots of honky tonk fun.

I had a rehearsal with the True Willie band on Thursday night. I was off Friday night and spent it watching a movie with my family. Then Saturday night me and the ANB were back at The Ranch.

I brought my regular basses that I normally use for this gig.


Austin says "Hi" while Randy gets set up.


Here's Randy's setup picture. He's got a smile that he should use more often.


The entertainment manager, Heather, and I have our picture taken before we take the stage.


Before we play we get to have supper in the green room. Most of the gang got burgers and buffalo chicken sandwiches. Since I had about 2750 calories for brunch earlier today, all I had was chopped kale salad and some fried pickles.


It's been a while since we've seen Nadia. She's a sweetheart.


John looks like he's about ready to blast off.


The DJ is playing the last two-step before we start our first set.


Then there's this guy who shows up to the club wearing the same shirt I am.


I guess I'd better go shopping for new shirts. Here we are, just about ready to start.


I didn't catch the guy's name but Arnie found him at the bar. Photo op!
 

While we're there we have a picture with Shelly, your dance instructor tonight.


While we're on break, Arnie and I enjoy a cold adult beverage.


Then we're back at it! At this club we usually play four 45-min sets with half hour breaks. It's not bad, not bad at all.


I think Jason was having fun tonight on the drums. Randy seems so far away on the steel.


Another action shot from that set.


John has so many keys, so many notes, so little time.


Another shot of Jason working hard.


Another random shot of the talent overlooking the dance floor.


I think this was set two. I have to print the set lists in very large, bold fonts. I'm old.


Here's Amanda and Arnie, while Jason gets one eye in the picture.


It's our last break and there's still a good crowd left in the joint.


We're back for our last set, playing for the line dancers.


John doesn't mind playing for the line dancers. Nor do I.


Somebody did something funny. I wasn't paying attention. I'm only the bass player.


There are a few seconds in this song where I don't play. I take the opportunity to snap a picture.


Then at 12:30am we are done! It's not too late of a night. We do our best to get packed up in a hurry because Mark, the sound guy, has to get up at the crack of noon in order to be back here tomorrow to get things ready for Sunday Family Night here at The Ranch.


It was a busy week for me with two gigs and two rehearsals. I'll be glad when I can get back to my day job so I can get some rest. Thanks for looking!


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff 

No comments:

Post a Comment